Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2007

our luxury shower

If I had my camera working I could show you our homemade shower! It isn't quite complete as we need to somehow figure out how to keep the hose where we want it in the shower, so that we don't have to hold it and try to wash our hair at the same time! Anyways it is made up primarily of this...

Yes, a garden hose! It came with my birth-pool-in-a-box that I bought off of Ebay (for a reallly good price) excellent for labour and delivery! Anyways, so we cut off a piece of the hose to a better size then 15metres. We attached it to a faucet with a tap connector/adapter and there we go a homemade shower! Of course, there is supposed to be a shower coming in our bathroom sometime, but this could take place after we leave. Anyways, I was finally able to wash my hair with something more constant than a bucket going over my head every few seconds or so! Showers are such a time saver (even if it is homemade!!). LOL, on to my next luxury of the day...

Yes...chocolate fingers...mmm, these are very addicting, and with a cup of tea it hits the spot. I just need to make sure I don't overeat on them!

We did find a place near us that fixes cameras but we have yet to get an estimate...eek. Ach well, nothing is very child proof in my home so I suppose I can expect some accidents if certain objects are too close to Amelia's reach!

I am just having a urge to be in Texas for the Friday get-together thing...there is something to be said for family, they are special! :)

2 comments:

The Mom said...

Hi Evelyn, there is a gadget that attaches to two taps (like in a sink) then has a shower head - very handy for washing long hair. . .I'll see if I can send a picture.

We don't have a shower (I know, to Americans that must sound third world :-) so the sink shower head is great for long hair.
Love
H

Melissa said...

Actually, right now, most people are getting it's between 6 and 12 months, not just "it will be about 6 months". So... we're doing better than some, but that may be because we are getting a lot of people to bug them (congressmen, senators, etc). I really wish I could have said I was expecting... if the wedding had been one week later, we probably would have been able to say that! It's just so frustrating right now... Anyway... hope things are well with you all! Did you find somewhere to fix the camera yet?