Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

:) yes we are back again! :)

We are home now and trying to get back into our ordinary routine again. Of course there is always a ton to do when you’ve been gone for awhile, or are coming and going and have no time to clean etc. So this morning, I’ve been busy doing laundry and discovered that tomorrow will be a lovely big ironing day…how I dislike ironing! Monday, Jett and I went first to the book room in Glasgow and bought books etc. They have a nice section for children and Amelia of course came home with a new book – I didn’t know that Bible board books were even available but they are and they have a nice variety too. We bought one on Ruth for her. The cost was £2.50, for anyone wanting to know. I was eyeing everything on that shelf thinking to myself, ooh, that one is nice, and so is that and… well you get the picture! But Amelia doesn’t need all of them all at once (as I was telling myself) and that I can buy as she grows. Anyways, Jett has wanted a pocket bible with a zipper for quite awhile now so I let him get it (I’m saying I let him, because he asked if he could…lol!!) He bought for me a devotional, Evening Thoughts by O. Winslow, I have Morning Thoughts but I left it in Texas as it is a heavy big book. Anyways, enough about our purchases!! We went to Mrs. Dunbar’s for dinner – it was very nice. I do think Amelia liked it there (as Mrs. Dunbar had toys and lots of special snacks for her). Then off we went to the last service of the communion season which went very well. I wanted to mention that the Sabbath services were exceptionally good, and the table addresses I felt were very good as well. Johan Campbell was so kind to keep Amelia so that I could go to the table – I was expecting that I might not be able to but I was very glad I could go! And Amelia was very good for her as she was for Sarah during Edinburgh communion – another relief for me.

Ach well, Jett is very busy studying now (even though he has time off from classes) for the presbytery exam. He has two books that need to be read, one is the autobiography on Paton, and the other is Guthrie’s The Christian’s Great Interest (I hope I have that right). It is very nice that we have the “extra” room for his study!

By the way, I cannot seem to find Amelia’s toothbrush anywhere… I am afraid she threw it in the trash but I can’t be certain! Last week Jett was going to call me after his classes so I was to make sure I had my cell phone near by… well, the morning went and I still couldn’t find it. Then I heard it start to ring. I felt funny being a woman with this huge bump attached to me running around the house trying to find this silly ringing cell phone… ahhh, it was in the kitchen… but where?? It was still ringing… okay…it was by the coffee maker I thought, no…I don’t see it, then I realized the ringing was coming from the trash bin…… Ohhhhh bother!! Amelia had my cell phone last, and I guess she must have thought it to be trash!! It was funny digging in the trash to get my cell phone but kind of yucky too as it wasn’t on the top but somewheres in the middle… yuck! :P

All right, I’ve lost track how far along I am…:P I need to check my notes I think I’m 29 weeks but maybe I’m 30 now…ach well, I had better not get ahead of myself!

All right enough writing from me! Pictures will have to wait for another time as I'm still trying to get some of us all... will be back hopefully tomorrow at least with something! :)

2 comments:

The Mom said...

Had to laugh about the trash. . .over the years we've lost a lot of different things - sermon tapes, shoes and hairbrushes spring to mind, and since we had a very small house then, the only conclusion we could come to was that the toddler had put them in the bin.

We did have another incident where Alexander aged 3 decided to throw Constance's church hat (a lovely red beret) out of the car window on the way to church. .. .! C was 2 at the time, and we only noticed when it was too late (think heavy London traffic) (tho at the time we had A, C, Rupert who was 1, Lucy who was a baby and I was expecting Jeremy, so you can see how we were kind of distracted and didn't notice the flying hat till it was too late)

On a different note, really glad Johann helped at the Communion, it can be really hard when your husband is "involved" for a mom with little children to get to the Lord's Table.

Blessings
Henrietta

Unknown said...

LOL! I can't imagine digging a cell phone out of the trash... that's so funny! :D