Well, Jett and I have been discussing the Rhogam shot (over here they call it anti d) we have never heard that it was an optional shot and never heard of any risks involved with it. But I had just recently discovered that it is optional, and that there are risks... of course Doctors won't tell you that - they never do. Anyways, thanks to a message group I've been subscribed to dealing with homebirths and stuff associated with that I found out that it was optional and it took me a while to research a little bit more to find out that it isn't really necessary during pregnancy. I hope I'm not going to confuse anybody with tidbits of our recent discovery. I did have a shot during my pregnancy with Amelia BUT I didn't need it as she turned out to be the same blood type as me. And actually the shot given 'during' pregnancy is a "just in case" shot - but not necessary. So we are opting for no shots during pregnancy as there are risks involved with the actual shot as it is a blood product, I of course will get a shot within 72 hours after baby is born but only if the baby is rh+ve. Hmm, have I bored you yet? Or confused you? :) I'm happy, because that shot hurts... and I'm not good at getting any sort of injection whatsoever. Anyways here is a pic of Amelia smiling under her binky/pacifier.
Wednesday, November 07, 2007
obstacles, rhogam/anti d shot
Hmm, too interesting of a title isn't? Well, my first obstacle is this washer/dryer in the way...we had to disconnect it and have it ready for today (as our new one is arriving) but the problem is how am I supposed to wash the dishes?? I decided instead of being lazy and using this an excuse to having a messy kitchen I took all my dishes into the bathroom and washed them in the tub...heehee, worked well and Amelia thought it was neat to be able to watch me. 
Well, Jett and I have been discussing the Rhogam shot (over here they call it anti d) we have never heard that it was an optional shot and never heard of any risks involved with it. But I had just recently discovered that it is optional, and that there are risks... of course Doctors won't tell you that - they never do. Anyways, thanks to a message group I've been subscribed to dealing with homebirths and stuff associated with that I found out that it was optional and it took me a while to research a little bit more to find out that it isn't really necessary during pregnancy. I hope I'm not going to confuse anybody with tidbits of our recent discovery. I did have a shot during my pregnancy with Amelia BUT I didn't need it as she turned out to be the same blood type as me. And actually the shot given 'during' pregnancy is a "just in case" shot - but not necessary. So we are opting for no shots during pregnancy as there are risks involved with the actual shot as it is a blood product, I of course will get a shot within 72 hours after baby is born but only if the baby is rh+ve. Hmm, have I bored you yet? Or confused you? :) I'm happy, because that shot hurts... and I'm not good at getting any sort of injection whatsoever. Anyways here is a pic of Amelia smiling under her binky/pacifier.
Well, Jett and I have been discussing the Rhogam shot (over here they call it anti d) we have never heard that it was an optional shot and never heard of any risks involved with it. But I had just recently discovered that it is optional, and that there are risks... of course Doctors won't tell you that - they never do. Anyways, thanks to a message group I've been subscribed to dealing with homebirths and stuff associated with that I found out that it was optional and it took me a while to research a little bit more to find out that it isn't really necessary during pregnancy. I hope I'm not going to confuse anybody with tidbits of our recent discovery. I did have a shot during my pregnancy with Amelia BUT I didn't need it as she turned out to be the same blood type as me. And actually the shot given 'during' pregnancy is a "just in case" shot - but not necessary. So we are opting for no shots during pregnancy as there are risks involved with the actual shot as it is a blood product, I of course will get a shot within 72 hours after baby is born but only if the baby is rh+ve. Hmm, have I bored you yet? Or confused you? :) I'm happy, because that shot hurts... and I'm not good at getting any sort of injection whatsoever. Anyways here is a pic of Amelia smiling under her binky/pacifier.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I was wondering why you were getting the rhogam so early! I've been blessed with the Rh + blood type, so I don't need to worry about it (and wouldn't need to worry if I was - anyway, because that is what Justin is).
Post a Comment