Yep, it is broken...it will not spin. So, now we are getting a new one next Tuesday and in the mean time I'll be visiting our nearest laundromat (called laundrettes here). Not very wonderful when your a clothing diapering mama and have to wash them every other day. I'm beginning to wish I had a few more diapers but I need to be patient (because if I don't I'll end up spending money on cloth diapers that I don't want...I'm picky ya know!). I still find it interesting how I started doing cloth when I figured that was just an old-fashioned thing and I would never be doing that. I'm surprised how easy it is, and how economical it is for us. I need to figure out what I'm going to do about the next one coming...I'm thinking about doing disposable for a while with him/her before moving to cloth (partly to save me a wee bit of work, and also because motherease onesize diapers are pretty huge on newborns!).
The prayer meeting is tonight, I'm hoping Amelia will be good in the vestry.
1 comment:
I never used cloth diapers, despite the cost of disposables - I guess like you say to save the work involved.
Cloth may be cheaper but that is only cos your labor is free. If you paid someone to wash them (there are laundry services) I don't *think* it would work out cheaper.
We had three children in diapers quite often over the 15 ish years we used them. I was glad to avoid the work. tho we've obviously used a lot of money on disposables.
Hope your washing machine gets fixed SOON - laundry does mount up once you have a baby. And it'll only get worse for the next 20 yrs :-)
Love
Henrietta
Post a Comment