Pages

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Sniffles, hair, 9 months and etc.

Oh the sniffles! Or rather, maybe it's just sinus problems. Allergies? Or pregnancy related? Hmm, not sure, but one thing is for sure it is annoying! Ach well, if that is all I'm suffering from it isn't much now is it?

Just a moment ago Amelia was letting out her screeches and if anybody has 2 year olds they will know just how ear piercing that can be especially Amelia, she takes after me. Anyways, then I hear a "My hair!!" and then a "No Aaron! My hair!" Yes, Aaron likes to pull hair, and Amelia's is usually the target. Poor thing, if I let Aaron have his way she might have massive bald patches by now. I did laugh though, just because her vocabulary is getting wider, and it is just neat to hear her use it in everyday situations.

Well! Aaron is 9 months now! And here is a few things he has accomplished lately or within the past month...
  • Crawling, at first it was the right ideal way of crawling but now it is one knee on the floor and the other leg has it's foot on the floor (did that make sense?)
  • Gets himself to a standing position (of course holding onto things) and this is anywhere - Daddies legs, toy box, stairs etc!
  • Likes to play with his one finger, always one finger is pushing the buttons or making a mess with spilled food
  • Bounces to any sort of music or anything that sounds like it (but he might have done this ages ago)
  • Makes strange to strangers and prefers Mommy and Daddy best.
  • Loves loves loves his Daddy...and crawls as fast as he can to Daddy everytime Daddy is in the room (absolutely cute to see!)
  • Can copy some things, like sticking out tongue etc :)
  • And I can't think of anything else!
What else is new, not much I'm afraid, tomorrow I was supposed to have my first prenatal and to Americans that sounds quite odd yep, my first prenatal at 12 weeks, but that has been just cancelled and made for yet another 2 weeks from now. Tonight in Stornoway is a service and then a presentation for the Rev. A Smith for his 50 years of being in the ministry. We met him up in Tolsta a while back and it was so good to see him, many memories of when he was in Chesley and Texas that are quite precious to me and to my sister in law. I wish I could go, but with two children and driving up there and back and then repeating it the next day I don't think I can do it. I'm just not single anymore lol (yes now when did I finally realize that?)! I have so little energy from lack of sleep (Aaron...still!) and probably due to the pregnancy as well, it sometimes is a struggle just to get through a day.

Oh and chocolate chips are a great reward for potty training or at least I've found! We've had more success lately...I just hope it stays for once. I'm worried about going to Texas and having it all ruined...ugh. Maybe it won't be.

Bye for now then. :)

5 comments:

Melissa said...

12 weeks seems about perfect to be having ones' first appointment, actually. A lot of people don't even realize they are pregnant until just before that! But then... I'm a rather "hands off" person with regards to pregnancy (such a natural thing, why would I panic over it??).

Anyway... just thought I would join you in the "fun" of postponed appointments. I had one postponed last week (to two days later) because of a birth my midwife was attending, and then this week because elections took her TWO HOURS to get through, and then she had a mother go into labour (they really like Tuesdays??) and then today she had to be at the doctor's all day for a kidney stone, and so all in all... we're going over at 9ish tonight, LOL! I don't THINK anyone is going to go into labour tonight... but, yay for the "needed" weekly appointments when you hit that 40ish week stage! They're almost impossible to get sometimes!

Evelyn said...

Hmm, maybe I should have mentioned that they don't do prenatal's every month as they did in Texas for me and in that regard it is very much different here. But, maybe it is different being in Harris...I doubt it. I'm just upset about it because it won't be till I'm 14 weeks along, and I've been wanting this appointment so badly...anxious I am yes.

That is hilarious about your midwife! What would have happened if you went into labour? :)

Melissa said...

I kind of wondered that, actually, but she assures me that if I was in labour she will be coming regardless of what else was going on (this mother who supposedly went into labour has had TWO false calls so far!).

Anyway, as of my appointment last night she says I'm at about the point they usually find 39ish week pregnant mothers with regard to dialation and effacement and such (which is perfect, seeing as we're thinking the due date may have be off by a week anyway), and apparently, because of where things are, they would be inducing me if it was the hospital here, whether I was at/past 40 weeks or not! Kinda scary when you think about it, as there are some who reach this point long before 40 weeks! We all think there should be a baby sometime in the next few days, but if not, we'll reassess on Monday or so, and probably end up doing a non-stress test to give another week before any other decisions have to be made...

Evelyn said...

ooh don't get me started on inducing!! I get sooo upset when I hear that word... "I was 40 weeks and decided to go in..." blah? And who says you were fully due in the first place?? That is scary to induce when the child might not be full term I know it may not mean much to some, but what if the lady really had messed up dates, and went over her so called due date 4 weeks?? And then they find out that the child was not at all over due? Anyways, I'll stop ranting need to take care of hubby!
Ev xx

Melissa said...

Lol... I'm very leary of inductions as well. Unless they are for medical reasons, of course! I have a friend who (thankfully) went into spontaneous labour the night before they were going to induce her because she was like a week and a half "overdue". Her baby was a perfect term baby weighing in at 7 lbs, 8 oz. He sure wasn't *much* overdue if he was due at all! I can't imagine if they had induced just because she was 40 weeks!! But then, I have a friend who WAS induced at 38 weeks, and had they not, she probably would have died because of a complication that had come up at the end of her pregnancy. She nearly died anyway, because her regular doctor didn't detect it, and she should have been induced a week earlier at 37 weeks!

Now, we're about to try a herbal "induction" today... just something that is supposed to cause contractions-- our midwife gave it to us last night, and suggested that we go home, sleep, and then see if it works in the morning. Then told us she was going to Richmond in the afternoon, so either have the baby before 2:30, or not until after 5:30 pm, LOL! It might work, it might not. I'm not dialated as much as most they have tried it on (and had success with). But, I'm further past my due date than most they have tried it on as well, so who knows... maybe it'll work! If not, I guess we have a prenatal appointment in the next few days, check again, and talk about a non-stress test for Friday. :-S

We're quite certain that if my dates are messed up we are no more than a week off, so at worst we're just hitting 40 weeks now. If the dates are off by a month, then it is a miracle we had that positive pregnancy test, which we needed to help with the USCIS stuff, because it would be from *before* I was pregnant!

Anyway, I suppose, if this doesn't work... the worst that happens is that I stay pregnant for another week, or two... lol!