Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

*sigh*

I'm sitting here, when I ought to be washing the dishes, or folding diapers, or hanging up some wet laundry. Hmm, isn't that how I normally start these posts! It is raining here, and it doesn't look like it will let up much this week. :( Maybe I should start a book called the "Return of the Gales"...it would be rather boring though :)

So, we were home this weekend, Sabbath we went to Leverburgh, Jett preached in the morning and the children were good. I take them in the sanctuary if the building doesn't have a nursery or a vestry with a sound system. Although I prefer staying in the sanctuary all the time, sometimes I just know the kids will not be good. Took them again in the evening and Amelia slept the whole way through (had no nap) but Aaron was rearing to go...so I spent most of the time in the cold porch letting him crawl around in his snowsuit.

Monday...oh boy. What a miserable day for me. We went earlier in the day (to get a head start) for Stornoway, yes our groceries. But again, I started to feel nauseas 3/4's of the way there...so we decided I should drive, but it was too late, we stopped and although I was trying hard not to get sick I just couldn't...so out I went in the wind and rain getting sick on the side of the road...blah, not fun! Jett felt sorry for me...which was nice, although it didn't take away the gross feelings. And on we went, I was so wiped when we reached Tesco, because of me being sick that I nearly just told Jett to get everything, but I pushed myself. I then realized how some people can be rude, like not moving their trolleys out of the way so you can get past, and here I'm thinking, I have a heavy full trolley, one child in the seat, I'm pregnant and was just recently sick, please move! Ah well, we got it done, but didn't manage to get my fresh veg that I needed (and no strawberries...sniff) We tried the co-op but they didn't have a whole lot either but at least I got my brocoli and carrots (oh this sounds dull I know). Anyways, I just never recovered from being sick that whole day. I'm feeling better now, although tired.

Jett is off till thursday I think, from class. Thursday I'm supposed to see a midwife (so confused about the system here) in Tarbert. She was planning on taking blood and then I said the doctor already did! There is no way they are going to take blood more than they need to! I could have told them certain things anyway, like I'm RH-, I'm not immune to the rubella...so why do you have to take those tests?? oh right, you probably don't believe me...right, I just had a baby, why wouldn't I know my details?? Why can't you just get my notes from Edinburgh? Ok, enough of me rambling you get my point of course, that some of these blood tests although they are "routine" why do they need to be there when you already know what they are going to say? :) I'm 13 weeks yesterday! I'm starting to get excited...lol I laugh at that because I can't believe I am getting excited on getting huge again and having to deal with back pain...sigh, it isn't that that I'm thinking of though, but the sweet baby I'm carrying. :)

Must get lunch going soon.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

It does seem silly to have to go through all the blood tests every time.

Perhaps you could save yourself a little time by not folding diapers--just toss them in a basket or box. That's what I do, anyway, and since the basket stays behind a chair, no one sees it.

Evelyn said...

You know I would just throw them in a box, but I can't...something in me says "fold them" I dunno, I know they look neater that way! I can't hide my diapers from view unfortunately so folding is a huge option. Glad you see my view on the blood tests! :)

Danielle said...

a lot of what the medical world does, baffles me. Your attitude is so wonderful concerning your new little wombling, despite being sick and tired...congratulations!

Evelyn said...

Danielle, I've read a lot about the medical field concerning delivery and all the prenatal stuff before... I guess I question a lot of what they do as "routine" and just say "no" to things that I think aren't necessary.

LOL my attitude? Well, I am always in need of improvement that is for sure!! Perhaps the society we live in nowadays is so much anti-children or they don't care much about them which is sad because they are the next generation!

Oh, and thanks for the congrats! :)

Rachel said...

As for the blood tests, it's not like you *must* have them done. I just told them I wasn't having them this time round as I could see no need for them. They tried to tell me I should have them, as well as the fact that the hospital would be talking to me about why I refused them. However, the midwife I had at the hospital when I had my scan was soooo laid back and relaxed about *all* my choices that she agreed they weren't necessary! :) So, no don't have to have them.

There isn't actually anything they can *make* you do - the choices are yours to make, but you just have to have the guts to stand up to medical "professionals"! LOL And I know by experience, from being persuaded to have an induced labour because of prolonged ruptured membranes with Abigail. So we had to really stand up for ourselves the second time round. And I'm rather preparing myself for a possibly worse battle this 3rd time if my labour goes as the previous two...because the NICE guidelines have changed from a 96 hours OK to wait, to now saying only 24-48 hours before induction. Sigh! I think I'll just not tell them if it happens! haha And let midwives know when labour actually really starts.