Now whoever read the above must be a mommy or a female that likes details, no boy would be "that" interested! ;)
Friday, November 21, 2008
Our baby!
It has been another busy week (aren’t they all?) except this time it was a little more busier because of yesterday’s appointment. So I finally saw a doctor (a Gynae…) and a midwife who seemed to be acting the “I’ll get that for you doctor…” part and then some little student nurse who sat there listening to all my details being read off… *sigh*. Yep, I again am realizing how much I dislike doctors…this one was nice but still, she had to run the show…and to me I’m used to one on one care from the midwife who doesn’t act like she’s running the show but taking care of me and trying to do what I would like done. The doctor asked me how far along I thought I was and I answered “14 weeks and 2 days” she gawked at me as if to say “how can you know that?” little does she know but I have a ticker that tells me lol! But of course she can’t go by what I say and has to confirm it herself…right as if I would tell her something different?! I was amused (I’ll say that although, maybe annoyed was a bit more likely?) when she asked all the “usual” questions about my previous pregnancies if they were ok, if I had any problems afterwards and so on, and then she tells the midwife in front of me “I think she is a low risk case” I’m kind of thinking…”Uhm, how about trying this: ‘NO RISK case’??” I haven’t had “risks” yet, and I hope none will come this time, but we just don’t know the future of course. Anyways, you can see I’m so much for a midwife and NO doctors…hmm, I wonder why? J Anyways, besides the above the best part of the whole visit was getting to see our beautiful 14 week old baby who was wriggling and kicking about and healthy plump and measuring exactly what he or she ought to. I got to see a beautiful hand with fingers, and the feet, the head, main body and legs…but something is sweet about the hands…not sure why? So I got a picture…definitely NOT the best one she had to keep that one for her “measurement records” (right…the trash? I’m teasing.) So but I’m wanting to share our wee ones picture with you, who is about the size of a lemon…now, isn’t that just amazing? And how can people have abortions…I will never understand that! So here he or she is… and of course I feel so relieved to know there is a growing baby in there!
Now whoever read the above must be a mommy or a female that likes details, no boy would be "that" interested! ;)
Now whoever read the above must be a mommy or a female that likes details, no boy would be "that" interested! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Aww, lol! I have a book around here that measures the baby by foods all the way through, month by month. At one point supposedly the baby is the length of a celery stalk, another it's the size of a watermelon, etc! We got a kick out of reading it! Did the baby measure 14 weeks on the u/s? Hope things continue to go well with this pregnancy!
Rebecca measured 38 weeks at the hospital on her u/s right before they induced me, and of course, she was about 2 lbs smaller than the typical baby of her gestational age, so she's definitely small! At least she was a healthy weight though. It's interesting having to do all the little development adjustments for some things with her being nearly 2 weeks late! I knew you were supposed to do it for the first while with a premie, but hadn't realized you should to with the post-dates babies as well.
Are you not able to go through a midwife this time? Or is it just the initial visit that is with a doctor?
I had doctors with both of mine. I had to try to be very patient with them as they were always talking down to me, which got very tiring! You would think that at least with the second or third baby, they would realize that you know what you're doing at that point. I got used to smiling and saying "uh-huh" politely while waiting for the parts I was really interested in, like hearing the precious baby's heartbeat. :)
Melissa: Haha, you know, I was kind of getting rather disgusted (sort of) because every new week they come up with something else... "your baby is about the size of a medium shrimp" LOL lovely that sounds so great...if they kept to fruit and veg that would be okay with me...lol, my baby is a lemon right now...Shrimp last week and now lemon this week...LOL. :) yes the u/s measured at 14 weeks, I was pretty much always on the dot with my measurements/ultrasounds.
Sharon: I'm so confused with the system here...*sigh* I'm only going to the doc for the ultrasounds otherwise I get to see a lovely midwife 25 minutes from here so much closer than an hour and a half away!!
Hello ... feel a bit nosey because i've been reading your blog for a few weeks (since you made a comment on Henriettas!) and you don't have a clue who i am - so i thought i'd better post a comment! I'm really enjoying hearing all about your family and your life in England...I'm Lydia, married to Jeremy, and we have 4 children 7,5,3,1) and one due in just 2 weeks!!! (Dec 10th). My e-mail is lydia_lives@hotmail.com. Bye for now!
Yep, a mommy here!
Do you have to pay for the nhs service, being from abroad? I suppose the docs/nurses are just doing there job and have a standard set of questions that they ask, so I wouldn't take it too personally - it will be all routine.
Hello Lydia! Nice to meet you I think it is lovely to meet other moms online through these means. Hope you have an easy delivery with baby although I have yet to see them being "easy" at least they can be easier I suppose!
Anon: We don't have to pay for NHS care here, not sure what the reasons are behind that but I'm thankful we don't have to pay because we basically wouldn't AT ALL be able to afford it!! Off to make homemade chicken soup :)
Ev
Post a Comment