It is my little brother's birthday today, and I wanted to wish him a very happy one...that is if he even reads my blog! I suppose a phone call is an order eh? :)
Well...it certainly has been quite the few days here! Thursday night the power went out, and didn't return till Friday evening, meaning we were left in the dark, and cold cold house. Well, we thought in the morning (Fri) that at least we would have a fire we could start, but alas, the wind was blowing contrary and instead of heating the room we were smoked out of the room...anyways, Jett sent me off to Ruth's which I did most gladly and spent the whole day there. It was Thursday I think that our internet has not been working (I mean broadband) and it still isn't and won't be till maybe even tomorrow night I hear. Back to dialup it is for the time being I guess! Sabbath I spent the day again at Ruth's because Jett was sent up to Ness (and me traveling with two kids all the way up and back was not an option - because I said so!) It was nice to not be alone Sabbath, and enjoyed being at the manse with the Jardines. Monday it was back to the grind...laundry and lots of it! Not to mention a stressful day of cranky children...Aaron might be teething? I just hope it really is teething and not him being naughty. It is astonishing somewhat, to see a child so young and yet human nature coming out - yes, born in sin and shaped in iniquity. And now it is Tuesday and guess what we woke up to? Lovely frost everywhere...ahh, it reminded me of the lovely cold fall mornings back in Chesley. I then thought "hmm, some snow would just make this day perfect" and guess what happened? Yes, it snowed and quite heavily too! It didn't last long and of course it isn't lying on the ground, but it was so nice to see anyways.
So, no pictures just now as it would take too long, but I do hope to get some up soon of my little munchkins. Oh, and I'm doing just great, I should be very thankful, not sick or feeling sick at all (unless I was fed too much). And I'm 11 weeks yesterday. :)
4 comments:
Sounds scary. I hope y'all get the power back on soon. I miss y'all. Hopefully I'll be able to see y'all in Spring. I hope to be able to fly out for the Youth Conference.
Sounds like a miserable few days - it can get cold with no electricity when there is no alternative heating. Glad you have Ruth nearby.
Love
Henrietta
I'm just curious, how do you get broadband there? Through your normal phone line? I thought it was much too far from the telephone exchange.
Sam, it would be great to see you next spring am nearly counting on you to come over!
H, yes it was quite miserable, and were still waiting on the internet to get working but at least we have some kind of access tho slow. Ruth is so lovely, I can't praise her enough, she has done so much for us I wish I could return her the favour.
Peter, ehm, I said broadband, not sure if it is called that but I meant that it is a "high speed connection" or whatever, no it isn't in the phone line, it is through satellite; hebrides.net is our provider, and so far it is good but when the weather is this bad, you can't expect much to work anyways!
Ev
Post a Comment