"Terry" As Amelia says. :)
I had to laugh. :)
And here, (Yes Care it is what you see!) is my brand new sewing machine at no cost to me! Many thanks to the lady who sent this to us! I'm quite tickled as you can imagine (well that is if you like to sew). I've already used it several times this week...it is very nice!
And the reason for my lack of posting is...
Oh. Sorry, yes, I'm trying to potty train. Let me just say I wish I waited till she was 2 or a wee bit later - I've done this for 4-5 days now and really am not seeing any progress. Or maybe I feel so tired and worn out that I'm just not seeing any...ho hum. Exactly HOW DO YOU POTTY TRAIN? It is too bad that kids don't come with instruction manuals...my life would be a whole lot easier (lol). Soo I'm off to finally get some things done. Next post should be about our trip to Scone Palace (Monday). :) Hope everyone had an excellent Canada Day and July the 4th!
And here, (Yes Care it is what you see!) is my brand new sewing machine at no cost to me! Many thanks to the lady who sent this to us! I'm quite tickled as you can imagine (well that is if you like to sew). I've already used it several times this week...it is very nice!
5 comments:
LOL with the potty training. I always left my children later rather than earlier, but some were keen to learn earlier.
I do think it's easier if the child is ready and interested. But some people manage to potty train really young.
My mom is adamant that I was potty trained really young - she hated washing diapers and it was too cold for them to dry out doors; so necessity is the mother of invention
Love
H
I was glad to see "new and old" photos. :) The photo of Amy with the cake was nice. What kid doesn't like to bake/cook?
As for the Potty training. Maybe she's just simply not ready. I tried with Claire before yall got here and it just wasn't working. (My methods were slightly different as well, so maybe that's why? I duno). She actually hated the toilet, so I feared I could never potty train! I waited a month, or maybe less, and she was ready! It was quite amazing. Now when she wakes up at 5 in the morning to nurse, I make her go to bathroom first and she's very willing. Don't give up, sweetie!! Maybe you're tired, maybe she's not ready....maybe she is and you need to change your methods alittle.
Yes, I'm quite far along right now. Only 9 days till the due date! Wow! Jackie said it feels like an 8 pounder right now, and that it might be 9 pounds when it's born. We don't know for sure of course!! I'd be surprised if it was smaller than Claire. But ya never know.
Much love to you!! Keep up the good work!
~Sister in law~
ooooh, a brand new sewing machine - and it's identical to mine! :) I love my machine - great stitching and easy to use.
Don't have any potty training tips - in need of some myself! lol Abigail was doing really well last Sept/Oct (just before we went to Texas for 2 wks) but it seemed that we lost all the progress we'd made and I've never been able to get her back to where we were before! :( It doesn't help when you have cold winters either (layers of clothes aren't quick to remove when a little one needs a potty). I had been planning that this summer would be the time she was potty trained (as she's already 2.5yo) but I just can't get anywhere! I'll put her in "big girl pants" and ask her frequently if she needs to use the potty and she'll say no...but as soon as I leave the room, I end up with a puddle! And that's after I've been asking her frequently for an hour or so! Some people are convinced that there is a golden window of readiness, but not sure what you do when you have it and then go past it! Just hope we get somewhere sometime soon - I think I just get too tired & lazy most days and don't feel like trying! lol
I'm potty training Elijah as well as the 3-year-old girl that I watch. We have good days and then we have bad weeks. :) I think they are pretty close to getting it though. Sometimes I feel a bit ashamed when I talk to moms whose little ones learned quite young, like at 17 months for one friend, and 22 months for another...ah well, it's my own fault for not starting sooner (I dreaded having to clean up accidents!)
H, I can see why you waited till later...and I can see why your mom was ready to get you out of diapers since they were cloth! I think (I think...) Amelia is understanding a bit more since Sabbath...sooo maybe just maybe she is getting it I certainly hope so!
Steph, Amelia never hated the toilet she actually thought it was neat when I sat her up on it the first couple of times. I just made sure I kneeled so my face was level to hers and held her tight assuring her I had her. She isn't afraid of it now either and goes whenever I happen to put her on it. I think she is ready, just maybe it is taking her a wee bit more time to "get it" I think that might be her character! Saw it in her ever since she was small so I'm not exactly surprised. :)
Rachel, thank you for commenting...I was about to give up! I'm sorry your having troubles with Abigail but it kind of helped me to realize I'm not the only one having a hard go of it. Not that I'm at all good at this (seeing its my first time at it) but have you (you probably have) tried bribing her or using a sticker star chart? Amelia has a sticker chart above her potty and for the first 4 days (I'm running out though...) I would put up a sticker on it every time she went to the potty (of course tons of praise as well etc!) and she still talks about the stickers in relation to the potty. But you've probably tried all of the above and more.
Sharon, I would have probably tried to potty train Amelia at 18 months because of what people have said but she wouldn't have been ready and I'm guessing I would have had a harder time at it then I would now. I'm beginning to learn not to care what others have done because (I hope I'm realizing) every child is different and not all are ready at 18 months or less!!
Post a Comment