ooooh, mine too! LOL I finally hung a load of nappies out at about 3.30pm thinking it looked like it would finally clear. Within an hour we had a huge, heavy Texas sized downpour (rare in my experience here in the Highlands). So I've finally gone outside to bring them in and they are twice as wet as when I hung them out! So... back to the washing machine for a spin to get the excess water out. Thankfully I have a tumble dryer though! (Just they need a spin to get the double water out first, else they'd be in the dryer for multiple hours!)
its 8.28pm here and I have yet to find out if they are still full of water(likely). Glad you have a tumble dryer!! Here in the manse they (of course) do not...so its a bit hard with wee ones trying to get laundry done and DRY in a week. I agree about the Texas sized downpour...I haven't seen it rain like this since we've moved over.
I'm so glad it's normal for us Americans to have a dryer. :) I don't understand why yall don't have dryers *especially* because it's so wet over there. Ah well.
I'm glad I have a dryer for rainy weather, but the sun bleaches out stains so nicely...I hate to think how my diapers would look if I only dried them indoors.
H LOL on your kids comment but it must not have been so nice for you!
Steph I haven't a clue why dryers aren't as popular here...some have them of course. Maybe they are huge on energy wasters and therefore are quite expensive?
Sharon I didn't know you are cloth diapering too! (I did read that right, right?) I guess it is more popular then I thought!
Yah, I didn't realise that Sharon was a cloth diapering mom, either! I'm curious now about what sort you use and all! :D I really like CDs, I'm afraid.
Btw, I've always dried (in the dryer) my cloth diapers and there were never stains (well, hardly ever, only if I left the poop on there and didn't do my laundry like I should have). I think it also depends on the fabric of the diaper. In my case, they were chinese prefolds.
Well, I just got started with cloth diapering actually. I've been meaning to for some time...but encountered many delays (for instance, I once had most of my prefolds stolen out of the dryer at a laundromat!!!) and I also was just lazy. Now that I'm finally using cloth, I wish I had gotten started sooner.
8 comments:
ooooh, mine too! LOL I finally hung a load of nappies out at about 3.30pm thinking it looked like it would finally clear. Within an hour we had a huge, heavy Texas sized downpour (rare in my experience here in the Highlands). So I've finally gone outside to bring them in and they are twice as wet as when I hung them out! So... back to the washing machine for a spin to get the excess water out. Thankfully I have a tumble dryer though! (Just they need a spin to get the double water out first, else they'd be in the dryer for multiple hours!)
its 8.28pm here and I have yet to find out if they are still full of water(likely). Glad you have a tumble dryer!! Here in the manse they (of course) do not...so its a bit hard with wee ones trying to get laundry done and DRY in a week. I agree about the Texas sized downpour...I haven't seen it rain like this since we've moved over.
In Sidcup, we've had torrential flash floods -very brief, but very wet.
I went out today to buy a birthday cake and birthday lunch for JP - I got soaked to the skin on the seven minute walk to the supermarket.
On the bright side of things, by the time I got out of the supermarket the sun was bright and there was a breeze.
I told the kids I got a "wash and blow dry"
I'm so glad it's normal for us Americans to have a dryer. :) I don't understand why yall don't have dryers *especially* because it's so wet over there. Ah well.
I'm glad I have a dryer for rainy weather, but the sun bleaches out stains so nicely...I hate to think how my diapers would look if I only dried them indoors.
H LOL on your kids comment but it must not have been so nice for you!
Steph I haven't a clue why dryers aren't as popular here...some have them of course. Maybe they are huge on energy wasters and therefore are quite expensive?
Sharon I didn't know you are cloth diapering too! (I did read that right, right?) I guess it is more popular then I thought!
Yah, I didn't realise that Sharon was a cloth diapering mom, either! I'm curious now about what sort you use and all! :D I really like CDs, I'm afraid.
Btw, I've always dried (in the dryer) my cloth diapers and there were never stains (well, hardly ever, only if I left the poop on there and didn't do my laundry like I should have). I think it also depends on the fabric of the diaper. In my case, they were chinese prefolds.
~Stephanie~
Well, I just got started with cloth diapering actually. I've been meaning to for some time...but encountered many delays (for instance, I once had most of my prefolds stolen out of the dryer at a laundromat!!!) and I also was just lazy. Now that I'm finally using cloth, I wish I had gotten started sooner.
Post a Comment