Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Signing

I know some of you might think "why are you teaching her sign language?" my answer is I'm not! I don't know sign language myself, but I have a DVD that has some common signs around the house, and I was thinking why not let her know some? It doesn't hurt. I think kids like actions with songs/words. So here I am showing you some of the signs she tries to do. I think it is rather cute. Obviously she doesn't do them perfectly. Anyways here is a bit of Amelia signing...

2 comments:

Justin and Melissa said...

I read somewhere that "baby signing" actually can enhance a baby's vocabulary in their early talking time, and doesn't delay the speech at all. It helps the really little ones (like 9-15 months, when they mostly DON'T talk) communicate what they need/want, and removes some of the frustration for them or something. Not sure exactly what the research was saying, but I thought it was quite interesting!

Oh, and her signs look good for baby signing!

Stephanie said...

That was fun to watch! That's neat how she signed flower. I just taught Claire that a few weeks ago. I think that sign language definitely helps. I have two examples...
A few weeks ago, it was noisey in a room (I probably didn't hear Claire or something), so she signed 'drink' (we were eating, so she obviously wanted something to drink). The other example is: she was saying "oss" (that's how she says lip gloss). I just couldn't figure it out....until she signed it. So there's just a few examples of how it helps me and her to communicate. :) I'm sure it helps me more than others, b/c of my situation.

Aaron is SUCH a cutie,Ev! I've always thought he was so perfect. Well, I know he's not PERFECT, but hopefully you know what I mean. He's just beautiful. :)

Much love!