Pages

Friday, July 11, 2008

Our visit to Scone Palace

At long last our day out came and went...and here are the pictures to prove it. :)

A view of the palace.

What welcomed us before we got to the top of the hill where the palace is.

Jett thought it was neat how we were "all set to go" with a double stroller and all.

The entrance (and no I have none of the inside...no pics allowed inside)

The chapel, and a replica of the Stone of Scone.

They had a playground there and Amy liked the swings.

This one was caged up...by the way there were quite a number of these peacocks around the entrance of the palace gates and in the far back there were a couple too.

I like this pic... :)

They had chickens and a couple of donkeys here...Amy liked it *very* much.
Again

Another peacock showing us his beauty.

Another view of the palace from a different angle.

Lots of greenery...it was very refreshing for us.
I like this kind of scene...kind of romantic in a way maybe?

And this is a douglas fir thought I got a fairly neat shot! :)

And thats it. And now my kiddos are awake so I need to run!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Looks like a pretty place to visit! Sometime I would like to tour the interesting places around here... haven't had the time yet, lol!

Btw... we had our "initial interview" with USCIS today, and I think it went quite well. She had almost no questions for us other than confirming the information we'd already given, and after handing her bills showing coresidence/ownership, and pictures she could keep from the last four or so years, she didn't even care about seeing letters or emails or anything to prove the relationship, lol! Here I had a stack of stuff about three inches thick, and all she wants is seven pictures and eight bills/statements... :-) Anyway, hopefully the smoothness of the interview means we'll have my PR temporary card thingy shortly? Dunno, but I think considering it seemed to go so well that would be what we should expect... :-S

Sharon said...

I just told Elijah about peacocks today, so I was pleased to see some pictures that I could show him. I didn't realize there was such a thing as a white peacock!

The Douglas fir is very impressive! You didn't happen to see a sign or something telling how old it is, did you?

Evelyn said...

Melissa Likely you'll be getting your card then soon! They have taken pictures and the fingerprints and stuff right? I got my card after the interview...fairly soon after I think too! Congrats!! :)

Sharon Yes a white peacock...I didn't know either! And the Douglas Fir yes it has history behind it! "This was raised from the original seed sent home by David Douglas from America in 1826. David Douglas was born at Scone and worked as an under-gardener here before gaining fame as a plant explorer and collector for the Royal Horticultural Society." Hope that sortof answers your question! :)~