Nice pic of my daughter doing something we don't like her doing...obviously!
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
jammed face :)
Literally with strawberry jam! :) I've been having an absolute horrible time with my daughter lately... Why? 1. She wakes up EVERY night now at around 1-2 in the morning, either from teething trouble or running on empty etc...and it takes her too long to settle down again. 2. She has decided she does not want to eat lunch or dinner. 3. Diaper rash still (could be from teething). So, today after her nap, I was looking at what I could possibly feed her. She seems to take yogurt no problem, and cereal (cheerios with milk) aren't a problem either, well I have neither of them right at the moment due to lack of groceries (waiting for the Asda man to come on Tuesday). So, I thought hmm...she wont eat a slice of bread with cheese...but she might if it has strawberry jam on it. Heehee, She has eaten almost a whole slice of bread with butter and a wee bit of jam on top...I can tell shes more satisfied (not whining for something etc). But she can't survive on jam and bread! What happened to my habits of veggie eating...she used to love her veggies especially carrots. I can't get her to eat anything. Any suggestions?

Nice pic of my daughter doing something we don't like her doing...obviously!


Nice pic of my daughter doing something we don't like her doing...obviously!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Very cute pictures of Amelia... her face is changing I think! I really miss y'all!
-john
Haha! Cute photos indeed! Love that shirt she has on. I'm afraid she has a cute wardrobe. Ah well, I'll try not to be jealous. Those looks she had are adorable, Ev. :p;)
As for her not wanting to eat lunch or supper--welcome to baby world! Really, I think that's how it goes. Hmm, perhaps you're giving her too much goats milk? So therefore, she's not hungry for other food. I'm sure you're not doing that,though. Maybe she's simply tired of the same things all the time? You should go to the library and look for some recipes to make for babys/toddlers. She might like something like whole wheat apple cake w/ cream cheese frosting. That's what I made for Claire's bday tea party. That came from Hays! :)
Don't give up, honey! This is how life is w/ a toddler! It's gonna be ok. They go through growth spurts and eat alot, and then of the sudden...I duno!!
This sure is long!
I'll be emailing you shortly (atleast, before the communion starts, dv)
Stephie, please don't be jealous! I was worrying about her having enough winter clothes until Johan came with this bag full of clothes...people have been very kind and giving here.
Yeah, I doubt she gets too much milk, I mean 3 bottles in a day roughly 5 oz each? She usually eats fine inbetween. I do have to say something worked tonight at the dinner table tho! I was thinking maybe if I let her use the fork and feed herself...and yep! You guessed it she wolfed her food down, she was so excited about being able to feed herself and I must say she is actually really good at it! We'll see how tomorrow is! :)
By the way John you right about Amy's face changing...but she is always changing on me!
We miss y'all very much.
Love from,
Ev and Amy, and Jett, and this 2lb loves-to-kick-mom baby! Can't believe I have yet 3 more months to go of this...how did I manage it last time??
Absolutely darling, Amy! Who dared her to do *that*!? LOL!! Those pix are soo cute, Evelyn!
Sam
PS...we miss yall...as usual! :(
I think you figured out my suggestion on your own! :-) My suggestion was going to be to let her feed herself... most little ones her age like to have that independence, and though it is messy, even prefer to feed themselves things like yogurts and applesauce! (might be better to freeze those into popsicles... most of the mess is contained to the highchair tray and the hands and face that way)
Post a Comment