MMMMMMM a success! A delicious moist plain cake/pound cake. I know Hayley would say food pictures don't look great but this one has more meaning to it. I finally got something besides cookies and a chocolate cake to bake properly in my oven!! Wish I could invite y'all over for a cup of tea and plain cake...oh, some of you like coffee? Well you'll have to bring over some Starbucks...the stuff here seems different - no breakfast blend - almost like it has been sitting on the shelf a long time...I dunno, maybe its only because it isn't what we are used to? Amelia is still napping...wow, a long one this time. Should call some peoples. :)
Saturday, October 20, 2007
and the outcome is...
MMMMMMM a success! A delicious moist plain cake/pound cake. I know Hayley would say food pictures don't look great but this one has more meaning to it. I finally got something besides cookies and a chocolate cake to bake properly in my oven!! Wish I could invite y'all over for a cup of tea and plain cake...oh, some of you like coffee? Well you'll have to bring over some Starbucks...the stuff here seems different - no breakfast blend - almost like it has been sitting on the shelf a long time...I dunno, maybe its only because it isn't what we are used to? Amelia is still napping...wow, a long one this time. Should call some peoples. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hello Evelyn dear. The cake looks just lovely. Did you use buttermilk?
(see my post on Mercy's blog)All of the photos are just great. Amelia seems to have grown so much, as well as the new baby. We miss y'all so much. Love, Mom
Your cake looks great. Amelia looks like she is really growing, not to mention the new baby. We all miss y'all terribly. Love, Mom
Post a Comment