Well, it is a busy week like last week and the week before that etc. Laundry, dishes, diaper changes, baths, cleaning, and cooking takes up a load of my time. But we can't be busy with that forever and not get out or visit with others can we? I wanted to have some of the mothers over since I haven't done that and now that I have for the first time I wonder why I haven't done it more often (nice run on sentence haha)! I had Catriona, Fraser, Sheena & Jenna over. It was very nice. It was nice to see Amy and Fraser getting along (I would say 97% of the time!) it wasn't that way the first time they were together, but then Amy was a few months younger at that time. So, hopefully we'll do this again next week...it is nice to get out once in a while.
Wow...I can't believe I wrote all of that without Amelia disturbing me or Aaron needing me! But I have no new pictures on the computer... or hmm, here is something.
An old picture of my Oma, myself and Amelia.
This is my piano which is currently stationed at my mom's apartment in Canada...Amelia had fun that time playing on it.
And a more recent picture...I think she looks Smith here.Ok, must run. :)
11 comments:
I'm proud of you Ev! You're reading so many books at once! Wow! Simply amazing.
So...are you co sleeping with both of them or just Aaron? Really, co sleeping is fine. Maybe it's not going too fine b/c you're not accepting that co sleeping is normal and something that is very natural. I personally enjoy Claire sleeping with us. Tho, she does sleep in the middle. I don't know if she could have it any other way. We've tried to put her on the side of us and she goes crazy. After she nurses on me (at night), I've watched her scoot right next to Daddy. Yes, she sleeps with Daddy. :) That's just too cute. I hope all gets better with your sleeping, Ev. I know it can be frustrating. This too shall pass.
Maybe Aaron won't be so hard as Amelia? I think the first one might be harder just cuz they had more attention in the first place.
Love you,
Stephie
Oh btw, your new font is almost too small for me to read. Could you make it alil bigger? I feel bad and funny asking this. It's just....too small! :S:(
Sorry you are suffering from sleep deprivation. You need your sleep - lol I sound like an old granny don't I?
Hope something works out.
Love
H
I don't know if you have room to do this or if it would work for you...but I took one side off of Noah's crib and attached it to my bed (google sidecar crib). That way he kind of had his own space but was still at arm's reach. When he got a bit older, I left the crib right next to my bed, but put the railing back on. He didn't seem to notice. :)
When he stops nursing so much during the night (which could be years from now if he's anything like his big brother LOL), then I will just scoot his crib farther away from me so that I don't have to crawl over the foot of the bed to get in.
So May 1st is the arrival date? Looking forward to seeing your little ones. And you and Jett, too, of course.
My, what a long time it's been!!!
I'm clearing/burning out the back brush, and by the time y'all get here, it might all be cleared/burned out. Maybe we will have a nice green lawn by that time!
Steph, I'm actually not co sleeping at all with Aaron nor Amelia. It only happens if I'm nursing Aaron and I fall asleep - which isn't too often, or when Amelia wakes up in the middle of the night crying then she moves to our bed. I don't think co sleeping works for everyone. And believe me I thought it was the most natural thing at first too until Amelia started waking up every other hour to feed for 5 min and then go back to sleep I couldn't handle that, but anyways there are more details why I have chosen not to cosleep anymore, but I'll spare the details.
I tried changing the font thingy, but I'm not exactly sure what you are talking about because I haven't really touched it (I don't think anyway)...so that is a bit weird, has it always been difficult to read?
H, thanks for the comment and the email!
Sharon, as H, had mentioned in an email to me, those 3 sided cribs are great I'm sure! I've always wanted one since I saw Care using one - it seems to make sense for night time feeds and yet they still have there own bed and you do too. Must look into it for the future! :)
Sam we leave the UK on the 29th and arrive in Texas on the 29th. Two days earlier then you thought. ;) We look forward to it very much!
hi ev,
haha, sorry about the font thingy. my font is smaller too (on my blog)! duno what happened.
lol oh good it wasn't my fault then!! it was blogger! anyways I did resize it hope it is more "readable"!! I have a wee giftie for wee Claire...hope she likes it :)
Love,
Ev xx
Sorry you're having such a tiring time with regard to sleep. I think they can go through phases too at times - where they're more wakeful or don't sleep for very long periods. But I'm sure it won't last forever.
Abigail co-slept with us from birth (yep, in hospital bed too, tho I got in trouble with midwives - but that was the *only* way she could sleep). She moved into a cot in her own room at about 10-11 months and then into a big (well, big smallish/low) bed at about 18-20 months and loves her own bed which must have a Laura Ashley "bear family" duvet on it (to make it "the bear bed"!). Anyway, she'd wake several times each night for feeds and always required to be put back to sleep. (I never could, would, or will do any controlled crying with my babies/children - goes against everything in a mother, tho some well meaning friends/family will try to tell you it's the only way to get peace.) Sometimes I did feel she was never going to sleep at night, but I can tell you that things have greatly improved! She started going down for bed at 7/7:30pm each night about 4 months ago (can't remember precisely when, but some months at least) and she'd usually wake 2 times before midnight and 2 times after midnight (so total of 4 times per night) and need a feed to get back to sleep. (It did require cutting out daytime naps to get her to be able to go to sleep early at night, which obviously isn't for all children - but she's up till midnight at least if she has a nap.) Anyway, happily I can now say Abigail only wakes once per night! :) She goes to sleep as early as I'll put her to bed (we try for around 7:30, tho the time change disrupted things for a few days) and I don't hear from her till roughly 4am each morning, when she crawls into our bed and asks for a drink from mummy. This is usually a quick one and she's back to sleep again and I carry her back to her bed and all is quiet till around 7am! So nights have become very peaceful for us now (just means a bit of routine and not going out in the evenings etc, but well worth it, in my opinion). And Abigail wakes up bright and happy most mornings - apart from when she occasionally wakes up a bit earlier than that and I'm not keen to get out of bed yet and she's hungry for her breakfast! (yeah, lazy mummy!)
Benjamin was a bit different from birth. He seemed to want a bit of space for sleeping, so he was in a carrycot/moses basket next to our bed. Provided he was well fed, from about 1-2 weeks old I could lay him down and he'd peacefully fall asleep on his own and often go 4-6 hours before waking up. This lasted until he was about 5-6 months old, when he started getting hungrier, as he wasn't wanting any solids yet. He's still very peaceful at nights, but does often need quite a few feeds. When he outgrew the moses basket I had a co-sleeper/sidecar crib for him which was level with our bed and was *wonderful*. However, he couldn't be in there forever, as it was only suitable until he could sit up & move about. Now I have his cot next to our bed (with the rails all on, so he can sleep safely in it during the day). He's often asleep there at night until I go to bed, but once I'm in bed, he usually wants to join us and sleeps much better when he's snuggled up to me! :) He doesn't really move at all and actually feeds less and wakes less if he's in our bed, compared with when I try to have him sleep in his cot next to us! .... So looks like I've now written a book here (instead of a comment!) - sorry!!!! Wonder how long blogger will allow comment to be?! Maybe sometime I'll learn to be concise! x
Reading these comments, I've been reminded that there really isn't a "one-size-fits-all" approach to sleeping. So much depends on the personalities and sleeping styles of the different children. I know my two have been very different from one another. :) And I suppose the parents' sleeping style makes a big difference too.
Post a Comment