I had a walk today in the not so great weather... (it wasn't too bad). Kind of windy and then a bit of rain and then sunny again. 30 minutes of this walking and I'm tired - yes, perfectly fit I am not! I had to go to the Surgery/Clinic for Aaron's 6week check, he's obviously doing well with weighing in at 12lbs! Lots of questions were asked about immunizations...ugh, why am I so uncomfortable with the idea of giving shots to such a young child when it is the norm?? Both of my children aren't immunized (yet?) I wish I had more info about the actual shots. Rach?:D
Constantly battling with Amelia...runny nose, making messes...disturbing Aaron. She loves to take his pacifier out of his mouth, and then put it back in and repeat and repeat. Not very enjoyable at all for Aaron for he gets frustrated with her! Anyways...now Amelia is needing attention along with my kitchen...the endless duties of a mother/housewife!
7 comments:
It DOES sound like your upcoming month is going to be quite busy!
Just wondering, is it not possible to get a passport for Scotland/UK (not sure what sort of passport it would be) for Aaron, since he technically gained citizenship there by birth? It works in any other country at least... Anyway, just wondering on that one! I think we'll be carrying two passports for each of our kids since we'll file for citizenship in both countries (CAN/US). And... we'll use the Canadian passports to enter any country other than the USA, lol... :-)
On immunizations, my sister and my mother have both put me on orders to not vaccinate until AT LEAST four months, and then at that point, only one shot each time the child receives one, and I have a very short list of ones that I'm supposed to get for my kids, lol. Basically, it's the DTap, MMR, and IPV, and if we want to later on, the Twinrix one. Basically, just the ones that are known to cause MAJOR problems (Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Polio, Tetanus, Pertussis...). Other than those, my mother says they're basically all because the kids give each other stuff in schools and daycares, so there's not much point to them.
Here in the UK you can't get the vaccines separately under the NHS - in fact there was a point when you couldn't get them privately either.
Did you get a UK passport? I've lost track of the rules for UK citizenship rights.
My children have a US citizen father but were all born in England and getting passports is proving to quitea hassle. (not to mention the expense!)
Glad you'll have a settled base over the summer.
Well, the rules over here are much different then Canadian and American ones. Aaron cannot be a British citizen unless we can prove one of the parents is a "permanent resident" well, that isn't the case obviously as we only have "temporary visas"! So, no help from the British system. But anywho, Aaron will be finally a US citizen shortly next 2 or 3 weeks so he won't be "stateless". I was looking into the cost of getting both Amelia and Aaron Canadians but it doesn't look very cheap. We may wait awile before doing that till we know where Jett will be settled.
Melissa what is the IPV again? I could just look it up I suppose. The doc did mention that measles is going around Ed but Aaron can't even get that needle till l3months. So, I don't know why she mentioned that.
H, I didn't know that J was a US Citizen! Was I never told? :S
Okay... according to what my mother said, this is the (earliest) schedule she would recommend:
DTaP 4,6,8,14 months 5,12 years
IPV 7,9,15 months 5 years
MMR 12 months 5 years
(At least, that's the one she's suggested we use)
DTaP is Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis
IPV is Inactivated Polio Vaccine(she actually says the oral dosage would be better than the needle kind)
MMR is Measles Mumps Rubella
It seems rather strange that a parent cannot pick and choose which vaccinations to give and when in the UK. Shouldn't it be up to the family what diseases are stuck into a kid? :-S
,,0.................. That's from Claire. She says hi. :p
Wow, looks like you do have a busy upcoming month!! I do too! :P lol We've got the communion, yall are coming, and then....I've gotta have my baby! Hmm..maybe not as busy as you.
It'll be so nice to see yall again!! I can't wait to see what Amy is like! I know she's certainly grown very much.
Hey, yall drink that red bull? That stuff is poison, you know!
Love and hugs
LOL! I don't drink Red Bull can't stand the stuff but Jett really likes it, so I guess he is poisoning himself :S what is in it that makes it poisonous?
poison!!
Well, I guess I poison myself every once in a while... lol
Post a Comment