Cheddar Ham Soup...
Is very tasty...

And excellent if you have leftover ham, mashed potatoes and corn! :)
Ingredients:- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups cubed potatoes (or even better use leftover mashed potatoes that have already been seasoned garlic powder/onion powder/ salt and pepper...)
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced celery (well, I tend to never have this on hand so this is optional in my mind!)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp of pepper (but I season to taste with the salt & pepper every time)
- 1/4 cup of margerine (uhm, no. I use butter)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese (uhm I use much more than this make that 1 & 1/2 cups. Use full flavoured or close to it as cheese is a huge taste factor in this soup)
- 1 cup of canned corn (whatever you have as long as it has been cooked before)
- 1 & 1/2 cups of cubed ham (give or take...)
In a large saucepan bring water, potatoes (if they are the cubed stuff), carrots, celery, onion, salt and pepper to boil. Reduce heat; cover & simmer until veggies are tender. I usually add the mashed potatoes after the veg are tender and half of the milk and then start on this part: In a medium bowl melt butter in the microwave (or however you melt butter) add flour and whisk till its nice and smooth. Add 1 cup of milk and mix well. Add this to the large saucepan and cook until thickish. Add the lovely cheese you've been snacking on, and melt through, then add corn and ham (also something you've been snacking on) and heat through. Serve and enjoy... I think it mmakes about 4-5 servings maybe 6 but I doubt it...especially if your wanting 2nds. :)
2 comments:
Mmmmm...how good does this soup look/sound!! I must try this :-D
xx
Sounds Yummy
Post a Comment