Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

comings and goings

I've been meaning to get around to this post but I keep getting interrupted or distracted or something else!

Anyways, to answer a few questions from FB, and also from here:

Our visas run out (legally speaking) 4 months after Jett finishes his course, leaving us till the middle of October to be out of the country. Some of you initially thought that I might be flying with three children over the Atlantic...uhm, absolutely not! I'm not that crazy! :D It actually happened to be before we knew we had to leave the country that my mother emailed me a wild idea. She thought since Jett would be in NZ in October, that perhaps she could come over to help me come back to Canada to visit her and the family for awhile. So yes sounds lovely but no I doubt that would happen. Little did I know! Anyways, our flights at the very moment are either being booked or are booked (hopefully the latter). My mom hopes to come to help me over (her flights are being booked simultaneously with mine), and that alone is a huge provision for us as Jett wouldn't be able to help me.

I hope to go to Texas (flights are currently being researched in order to find the best price :( ) in late Oct for about 4 months and a half...yes, I'm very nervous about this part...ready for it? *THE BORDER* :D Those good CBP officers hopefully will see that A. I have a return ticket, B. My husband could not be called to take a charge in the States because we don't have a vacant congregation there, C. Uhm...we have a car in the UK? And have been living there for 3 years? Anybody else have some good points to give to the CBP so that they will see I WON'T BE STAYING! :) Sorry for the caps, but I've had problems in the past so I'm trying to cover every last detail. And C is not really a good point I see that.

Now this does cause some problems for Amelia, because she is on regular doses of medication. Anybody know what I'm supposed to do in order to get her meds in the States? Surely all of Amy's letters from the Dr. would be sufficient... oh the stress. :(

But, all of these things are in the Lord's hands which is comforting.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Thanks for the update! Wow, four and a half months in Texas, that's great! There's just one thing I still don't get--will Jett be in Texas all or part of that time, or will he be elsewhere?

I hope you are able to work out Amy's medication without too much trouble! We look forward to seeing you!

Melissa said...

I'll think on points for the Border Patrol Officers, lol. It's always nerve wracking for me crossing into the States too, and I have a green card!!

On Amelia's meds, sometimes pharmacies and doctors (in conjunction) will advance dispense medications if given a good reason, so you might look into that. Also, her dr. may know how to go about getting the medications in Canada and the US while you are over here!