Ok, I've decided to share a delicious recipe! It used to be Alice's Sour Cream Chicken from All Recipes but I wanted to slow cook it in obviously a slow cooker...and well I changed it soo much that it really isn't Alice's chicken any longer :D! Jett gets excited when I make this recipe...heehee not too excited now of course! :)
So...here are the ingredients (basically...sorry the spices are not measured
but I just season to taste)
- 1 cup & 1/4 cup sourcream
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese (I used fresh)
- 1/3 cup of white wine (lol we buy probably the cheapest thing but still works great for this recipe)
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1/3 cup of chopped onion (approximately!)
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- pepper
- salt
- 5-6 pieces of skinless boneless chicken thighs (you probably could use different pieces of chicken but these stay moist best.)
So you pop all the ABOVE ingredients in a slow cooker/crock pot and mix together. I think I usually cook it on low for about...4-5 hours so you could probably put it on high for shorter time.
Now I always thicken this stuff with just flour...I pour a bit of the sauce into a bowl or mug and whisk flour in it...not exactly sure how much I use. Scrape into the crock and stir. I usually do this a couple of times to get the sauce in the crock to be quite thick like stew. This tastes great over noodles or beside mashed potato. Hmm...this does our family so probably this is only 4 servings- double if needed. :)
I like slow cooking recipes because it makes dinner easier to make at that part of the day when your tired and sometimes stretched for time! So, try it, and let me know how you like it if you do that is! If I can I'll try to measure how much flour I use for my own recipe card.
1 comment:
This sounds sooooo delicious!!! Wish I'd read it before going to the co-op just now lol!! Definitely going to try this one out :-)
Post a Comment