Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Owen turns 1

This morning I woke up about 6:30 (thanks to J's alarm) and realized what a HUGE difference it was from last year!! Last year at 6:30 I had given birth to Owen and was recovering with horrible afterbirth pains (which lasted for a good hard 3 days). I was bothered by the midwives thinking I could just get up and shower...still bothers me now when I think of it and it makes me want a homebirth next time (if the Lord is pleased to give us more children). It also doesn't help that Mr. Owens came just as the midwifes were supposed to change shifts...ah well I had Jett next to me and we hope the Lord was with us too. I remembering singing Psalm 121 whilst in labour I think I was just at transition and it was soon Owen would be with us...we only got to the end of the 3rd stanza before another contraction came...but I'll never forget that moment, it was peaceful and the words encouraging.

So fast forward a year and we get this ... :)

Happy Birthday Mr. Owens!!

I decided against a cake but thought cuppies would work well and especially for a caterpillar :)
I think you can see his top teeth in this picture

Opening up his first present

Not at all enthusiastic eh? Well he was actually do for a nap, but I figured if we got the gifts out so the older kids could play while O had a nap then by the time he gets up they would be more willing to share. And so it was!

Yep, completely uninterested

the second toy

Amy of course took the pink cuppie...but she didn't eat it all!! It looked like a crown...!

And last of all the traditional song...

No comments: