Pages

Friday, April 09, 2010

What are you living for?

Just a few thoughts I typed down...nothing orderly but that is because of time restraints. :)


I was listening to a sermon online last night (as I usually do on a Prayer meeting night)…the content was on the love of Christ which was really good (of course). In the sermon the minister also spoke about how in the Reformation times (and other times) it was a “killing time” a time that people died for Christ, rather than deny Him. But we do not live in those times, it is a “living time”…but, are we living for Christ just as they in the past had died for Him?


So easily we live for ourselves, and for our pleasures. Some of my readers may only be living for themselves, jumping from one pleasure to another…but they find little satisfaction. Amazing really, how one keeps searching for satisfaction in everything else but they never look to Christ for it because He is not appealing to them and yet the fountain of satisfaction and true happiness is found in Him! That baffles me greatly, although it shouldn’t as I know that our hearts are blinded by nature.


And too often there are things to take away our time that should not be there. And wow, we live in such a day that is pumping out these time-wasters, and distractions…and unfortunately it works very well. Moderation is a very good thing, but is hard to keep by if all we see is immoderation!! And impossible too if we are relying on ourselves. How I like simplicity!


Our chief end is to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever. Are we glorifying God in our everyday lives? Are we being conformed to Christ, becoming like Christ?


Please remember that when I write these kinds of posts, I am not pointing fingers at anyone in particular. This is mainly for my own benefit so if I am pointing, let it be at myself. E.S.

No comments: