Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

at the end of the day...

My house looks like a mess. Playroom with 2 out of 3 not ready for bed.
The kitchen with dirty dishes.

The living room usually is worse then this (clothes strewn on the floor or shoes, and the covers are more off than on the couches)

But as 7pm approaches the kids are in bed leaving me to do dishes...

...tydy the living room...

...fold laundry, and clean up toys.

Yes. I do this every night (Sabbath being the exception).
But now it is quiet and I can read, and relax in a fairly clean atmosphere...:)

8 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow, your kids are in bed by seven? I guess that would leave you a lot of time to yourself! My boys are not in bed until 9:30. What time do your little ones wake up?

tiph said...

You are quite the wonderwoman! :D

Evelyn said...

Lol they aren't always in bed by 7 but that is the goal, and usually the younger ones are. They usually wake up between 7-8 it varies.

Tiph, I am far from wonderwoman lol!

Unknown said...

Wow, you must be pretty busy! I always end up letting things sit until the morning, although we do pick up all the toys so they're not a hazard at night (Olivia sleeps in the other room, so I walk through the dark when she wakes up). I would like to get in the habit of doing more tidying though, because the mornings always feel much less frazzled if I'm starting with a clean house. I sometimes wonder if starting out clean also helps the children be less "bored" early on. At least with Olivia, she would much rather amuse herself getting everything out that was put away, whereas if it's already out she has little interest in it.

Enough rambling now.. :D

Rachel said...

Now, I have to admit, whenever I see photos of someone's "messy house", I always think how I wish that my house looked that good when it's at its worst at the end of the day! LOL Occasionally it's not too bad, but often my 3 children tear apart the downstairs in the time between when I'm busy cooking dinner and when they go upstairs to bed! Everything from all the cushions being thrown off the couch onto the floor, to 20+ of their books scattered across the room, 30+ assorted cars/trucks scattered about, etc. So it's a real mess to clean up, and I always hope no one ever turns up at the door while I'm getting them to bed!

But I *always* make sure everything is tidied up *every* evening, even if it means I'm clearing up toys at midnight! I would absolutely hate to wake up to a messy house, or a sink of dirty dishes - can't even stand to leave a pot to soak! So at least no matter house messy it is in the evening, it's reasonably clean before I'm in bed!

Would be nice to have children in bed by 7 tho! I've always aimed for 7:30 but sadly, this recent time change has thrown me off! :( I didn't get the children adjusted to it before it happened, and they're really not ready for sleep much before 8pm at the moment. (and since having company this week, they've been getting to bed even later!) Anyway, I take Abigail & Benjamin up for bed first while Peter looks after Clement. Abigail just requires a story & tucking in and goes to sleep nicely (usually!) but I sit by Benjamin's bed till he falls asleep to be sure he doesn't start scratching instead of relaxing to sleep. Because he doesn't have naps anymore, he goes to sleep within 5-15 min - if all is quiet! And then I get to go downstairs and put Clement to sleep. He always has a feed from mummy to go to sleep - which usually last a whole hour! :-O He likes a nice full tummy to settle down to sleep - even if he's just had a full meal of food like the rest of us! So it can be rather late by the time I start doing dishes and tidying up - and even later still when I get to bed! Sooo, sounds lovely if you get so much time to yourself in the evening! :)

Evelyn said...

Ah Rach I feel for you! This time change hasn't helped for us either. We're battling with other issues though...early rising from Amy, but I'm just supposing she needs to go to bed later than 7 but it is hard to say as she has never been good at sleeping which can be a cause of TSC actually!

BTW, I should have taken those photos on a different day because it wasn't as dreadful as some other days ie when dishes haven't been done all day lol, or laundry is just piled everywhere, or cushions and toys get strewn all over the living room! But, I have to admit we do have an area that is sectioned off for the kids to play and make a royal mess...so, usually it stays there rather than everywhere else in the house. And I guess if a child takes things off the shelf they get disciplined so it never happens very much...lol but maybe it would if there were more shelves lol!

Sharon said...

Wow, if my children were sleeping 12 or 13 hours a night, I would be able to get a lot more done! They usually sleep just 9 or 10 hours. Perhaps that's just because they're a bit older.

I am impressed that you get everything done every night. Does Jett help with anything? I have two grown men to clean up after, do laundry for, etc. and I'm afraid they don't help around the house at all (except that Ben mows the lawn and feeds the dogs).

I really do need to push myself to get everything done every night, as it makes such a difference the following day.

Evelyn said...

Jett doesn't usually help but that I think is because he just hasn't had time to! I know that because when he had a week off, he was doing dishes almost every night...big wow! But I suppose keeping the kids occupied while I get some things done is also doing something eh? So, I guess he does help a lot more than I think!

Shame on Jesh and Joe...really, do they expect you to do everything? I would've thought they would help out sometimes! :)