So, I've been curious, how do you teach your children the Psalms when they are so little they cannot even read yet? How do you keep their attention!? Especially when little ones have small attention spans!
Well...here is how I do it.
Does this remind you of singing songs with "actions" too? It works for Amy!
Well...here is how I do it.
Does this remind you of singing songs with "actions" too? It works for Amy!
In other major news, Jett passed his exams! We only have one mark back, but so far he has done well, to the Lord be the glory!
This Friday we are leaving for Larne, N. Ireland and hope to be there for two Sabbaths which means no internet (unless it is dial up). We hope to dip down into the Republic of Ireland (no, Northern Ireland and Ireland are NOT to be confused) but other than that and maybe (I REALLY HOPE) go up to see the Giants Causeway. So, that is the plan, Lord willing.
We hope to get back the 11th of May...and of course mother in law will know what day that is! Somebody is turning (shhh) 35!! :)
I might try to update one last time before we leave, but don't count on it as I'm trying to spring clean a bit before we head out...the cupboards in the kitchen are all clean!! :)
This Friday we are leaving for Larne, N. Ireland and hope to be there for two Sabbaths which means no internet (unless it is dial up). We hope to dip down into the Republic of Ireland (no, Northern Ireland and Ireland are NOT to be confused) but other than that and maybe (I REALLY HOPE) go up to see the Giants Causeway. So, that is the plan, Lord willing.
We hope to get back the 11th of May...and of course mother in law will know what day that is! Somebody is turning (shhh) 35!! :)
I might try to update one last time before we leave, but don't count on it as I'm trying to spring clean a bit before we head out...the cupboards in the kitchen are all clean!! :)
4 comments:
Cute! We found that just singing them over and over again helped the children to learn them, even before they could read the words. We (unlike the way I was brought up) chose to focus on a few psalms at a time, using a specific tune for each psalm. So the children would know maybe half a dozen first, then we'd learn a new one, etc. We still keep each part of each psalm to one specific tune, for family worship, though obviously the older children know many different tunes to each psalm.
Love
Hx
Very cute! I haven't got far enough in age to teach Rebecca much, but we used to teach Bible verses to the little ones we baby sat by using actions, and I've a friend who taught her son Ps. 23 using actions to help him remember the words and order as well, so I figure we'll probably do similar to what you're doing! :)
It makes sense to me Melissa! They are able to get other songs down easy why not Psalms? Amy loves doing the signs with it (lol and her own made up hand actions!!). I just think it makes it all that more fun to do. xx
What a great idea! I have done the same as the other Melissa and kept particular tunes to particular psalms and have sung them over and over. I suppose your idea could work for catechisms too :)
Melissa V
Post a Comment