Pages

Thursday, November 05, 2009

!!

I just read my last post, and oops! Yes, you can tell that I don't proofread! I think that's what you call it. Wow, and to think I've wanted to be good at writing! Blah, I never will be. Maybe I should read my entries before posting...it may be less embarrassing for me!

Here is a picture of my Mom at her convocation (graduation) with her two loyal sons. Ben on the left and Jay on the right. My Mom holds an associates degree in Business (I'm pretty sure it is an associates...) and she holds hmm, is it a certificate? I'm not sure now! But she now holds a PSW Certificate (or whatever you call it). Congratulations to my Mom!These were taken back in Halkirk, I was experimenting in hopes of getting some good photos for a collage of her being 3 years old. (I'm too wordy.) I plan on switching them to black and white, with a soft focus, but picasa obviously wants them to be colour right now for you!

This is my favourite one.

Some of them were real cute, but most of them were not nice at all. Have I posted these up here before? :S

This was especially cute of her smile, but Aaron was in the background, and Amy still remembers what Aaron was doing in that photo too!!

Monday Jett came back from Larne around 9pm kind of late but at least he was home. I had the car over the weekend so I was able to get out Monday and do some light shopping at Tesco (oh wow, a walmart equivalent but not quite that big). Found a cute hat for a £1 for Amy so that was nice. Tuesday Jett went back to class, and I was busy cleaning up, sewing! Yes, I finally pulled out the poor sewing machine out of his box...and guess what it smelt like. A coal fire. OH NO!!!! I had a lot of bad memories come back. Not that I have only bad memories of Harris days, but it was trying in some ways (pregnancy sickness and depression, Amelia's epilepsy episodes, and the awful drives to Stornoway for groceries etc.) and then I laughed. I couldn't help but remember the time the Highland cow decided to visit our yard, and on a Sabbath too of all days!! He or she was quite pretty I'll admit that. Anyways, back to my post now, I was sewing yesterday! I sewed those cushion covers and they look nice, I think. I also resized two of Amy's skirts (she has a tiny waist). Today, was much of the same, gave kids baths, did some laundry, and mended one of Jett's trousers (the hem keeps coming undone in them...I wonder if it is all my sewing or I'm just redoing poor craftmanship from where he bought them from!)

All right, enough of my newsy and yet not much newsy post.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

The pictures you put up of Amelia are quite cute and her hair is getting so long!

There's probably a way to edit that photo that has Aaron in it so that he isn't there... or at least isn't noticed... I'll have to think on it... can I play with it for you?

Evelyn said...

I'm not a great photographer, although as most people are they know a good photo when they see one. I enjoy taking pics, but have rare opportunities to try getting better at it!

By all means please do play with that pic...I'm obviously not perfect at using tech stuff to make pics come out different...lol, although I can do basic stuff. :) Oh no...I think Amy dropped her sandwich on the floor... :'(

The Mom said...

I smiled at your description of the smell of smoke bringing back memories. . . whenever I smell a peat fire it reminds me of my parents' home. When they were in Uig, mom would often do knitting for the children, and the sweaters when they arrived here would always smell ever so slightly of peat smoke and "home".
Love
Hx

Sharon said...

I like the last picture of Amy's smile! By the way, I like your quote about mothers; I put it on my Facebook page. :)