I must tell you all, that it has been three days and counting since Amelia took a "real" seizure, there has been times where I was wondering if she had maybe a small one, but I think she might be finally her normal self again. And my, she is talking up a storm again! So very nice to see! I think it was yesterday she saw me scratching my eczema (ok...I know I'm not supposed to but it gets quite frustrating after so long of trying to get rid of it and then finally succumbing to scratching) and she right away said "No scratch!" You see, she has eczema too and therefore is told not to scratch...looks like I need to be a better example. Much to be thankful with regard to her seizures and how everything has gone. Was reading a evening devotion by Winslow on afflictions (November 3rd I think) and reasons why they come to the Lord's people, needless to say it was very good and quite applicable to our recent happenings.
Another note, I think we are about to go through another round of colds...third time in the past month and a half. Aaron has been having a fever for almost two days next to congestion. Thankfully ibuprofen works well, as does calpol (something like tylenol) but it does mean lots of restless nights with Aaron between us. But we love him, (of course we do!) if only you knew what it meant to see this little man smiling at you in the middle of the night when he is running a fever and supposed to be sleeping...it is quite priceless.
And for those of you who don't know it already, we're to have a visitor stay with us for some time. My brother (in law) Samuel is coming next week Tuesday already! I'm excited can you tell? :) Oh, and thats Aaron gone off to sleep. Good. Now if only Amy could get a wee nap, I could run to the store. :)
This isn't the picture of him sleeping, he is in his car seat just now (it is easier putting him to sleep that way than holding him). But I thought he looked very peaceful here.

And the only pictures I have of his 1st birthday cake...It looks nice I suppose, but the *writing* (not the actual icing on the cake) icing was gross....must been going out of date or something.

Can you tell he was happy? Amelia sure was! Every C-A-K-E is a Birthday cake to her!

Ah, and thats Amy sleeping now too! Just means my shopping time will be cut in half if not more. :) Hope you all have a lovely weekend.
3 comments:
I'm so happy to hear that Amelia's seizures are diminishing--does that mean that her medications are taking effect?
Aaron's birthday cake looks lovely! And so does he!
A book about affliction that I appreciated was The Crook in the Lot by Thomas Boston.
SO glad to hear about Amelia! I hope it continues. Will you still be coming to Glasgow later on in Feb?
Hope the colds don't come to much
Marion xx
@Me yes the medication is taking effect now, and hopefully it will continue to work. The doctor did forewarn us that epilepsy is unpredictable and therefore though it seems under control at the moment we could see her still have seizures...I suppose I expected this, although if it was one in a month or year it is so much better than nearly 10 in a single day!
Hi Marion, you just reminded me I need to call your mom (if your the M. Macleod that is!). It will only be Jett and Amelia coming.
Love,
Ev xx
Post a Comment