Pages

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Aaron! (and a update)

We are finally home! After a long week of hospital, doctor visits, tests and etc we have finally arrived safely to this large house in Northton. I was so glad we only had to be in hospital for two nights rather than the whole week! A huge thank you to all our friends that have helped to make this time easier for us, and many thanks to the Macleod's who housed and fed us during this time.

Yesterday was our son's first birthday, unfortunately we couldn't really celebrate it due to the circumstances, yet Mrs. Macleod had a gift wrapped and ready to give him that morning! It was very sweet of her to think of it, and both Amy and Aaron enjoy those blocks very much! I suppose I'll just have to make my birthday a joint celebration ;).

Amy is still to have further tests done on Feb 24th. One is the MRI scan, where they will have to put her under, and the second test is for some kind of food disorder...well, the second is a bit more difficult to explain hopefully I'll get the proper name for it on the 24th. She is also still having seizures and quite regularly throughout the day (usually just before naptimes and bedtimes) this isn't including the seizures she has throughout the night which I have no idea how many there are. She is a complex case, as she has two types of seizures one is when she goes into a trance like mode in which she stares into space and usually doesn't respond to our commands or voices, the other is when she gets all stiff and shakes quite a bit...I can't say I'm getting used to seeing them, but I have to accept them as part of this whole disorder (if epilepsy is a disorder?) I do admit to handling them better as I understand more about epilepsy, though it is still hard to take not to mention being pregnant and handling it all at the same time!

Another note, as someone mentioned glue ear causing fits in her little one, which made me have to ask the doctor again that we DID rule out infections that could cause seizures, and of course he was able to explain that 1. Such and such test ruled out the infections, and 2. The evidence is so much to prove that it is epilepsy (well that is basically what he said although he said it in great detail much to my satisfaction!) I really didn't think it was glue ear (an ear infection) as Amelia has never had problems when having it, she also didn't show a temperature throughout this whole thing until the second night in hospital and that was because she was getting a BAD cold (yes we all have them now) and has been fine with regards to temp now.

Anyways, I'm tired and it is only 9:14! Hopefully I can try to get Amelia into bed (which has now been put on the floor incase she has a seizure and falls out of bed) soon and Aaron following.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Oh, this all sounds so frightening for Amelia and for you and Jett. I am thankful that you have good medical care, and will certainly be praying for you all. Please do keep updating.

And happy birthday to Aaron! Hard to believe he is a year old already!