Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

More beach and sun! :)

Ahh, what gorgeous weather we are having in Harris lately! My laundry is drying so nicely outside by the fresh breeze. Sunshine and lots of it should be thankful for such a lovely week.

Jett started classes today. I was quite eager to hear how it went (it went fine) as I’m sure you can imagine. I found out that Jett is going to be taking services this month in various places (see our calendar to the left). Yes, a whole lot more than we were used to in Edinburgh, but I expected that. We will see how he gets along with his studies in a week or two, by then I’m sure, we’ll be able to judge how this year will go.

What a drive it is to Stornoway for groceries! I’m glad we do it every other week – but still it takes 1 ½ hrs one way. For people in Chesley I can’t imagine them having to travel to Guelph for groceries…but that is kind of like it is here (Uh, I think it only takes 1 ½ hours to Guelph…boy it’s been a while) I guess we’ll just have to trudge along and get used to it. But I do very much dislike taking two kiddos with us as it just makes the drive more tense (especially when they scream…) Mind you, Aaron has always been a sweetie in the car (unless something is wrong “I’m hungry feed me” or “I’m dirty change me”) Amelia though, well, she never liked long car rides (who does by the way??) She was very good on the way up, but by the time we were half way home it was “WAAAAAAAAAAAH!! Want down!!! Want down!! Help?” Sounds awful eh? We had to stop and get her out, but that did nothing. So we finally offered her some “gogurt” as we drove the rest of the way home…oh dear, you don’t want to know what a mess she made of herself and the car seat!! Haha! I laughed at it, and wished my batteries for the camera were working because it would have been a grand photo (the batteries are charging at the moment). Anyways, the gogurt kept her happy and our journey was less stressful.

Did I ever mention how I dislike the teething stage? Aaron either is sick or is trying to push teeth through. I have never known him to be anything other than sweet in disposition, but lately it has been hard to keep him asleep at night and he fusses and fusses and fusses! He had a fever of a 101F for a good 24 hrs and I did give him something for it but it would just keep coming back. Poor thing he was just so miserable. He is better now, but the fussing hasn’t ended hmm, maybe he is just demanding more attention?

I think my cleaning splurge has nearly come to an end. Sad, cause I wanted to get the kitchen done! LOL, I’m sure I’ll manage it sometime. I was so busy cleaning doors one day and had to stop right in the middle of it due to screaming 7 month old, so I’m not done that job yet. I forget how dirty doors can get…ahh, but company can see it all. I do think I managed quite a bit if I washed nearly all the windows for the downstairs (inside and out)! It is so nice to be able to look outside without smudges of dirt on them.

Well…this has been yet another long and drawn out post from me, I wonder if you actually read this all.

And now for a few pics...

I really like any photos with Jett and Amelia together. She likes to copy him with so many things like pacing back and forth! Anyways, here she is following him.
And looking out onto the water.


Isn't this lovely?

4 comments:

The Mom said...

I'm always reading your posts. Glad you are settling in, and you are doing better than the rest of the UK if you have sunshine (in England we're having the coldest wettest autumn ever it is incredibly wet, and apparently, threatening the harvest)

Re Amelia feeling miserable in the car could she be car sick? Constance used to always be sick in the car - before she'd be sick she'd be very unhappy. I remember driving from Stornoway to Harris once and her being sick twice. . .

Do you have a decent sized freezer? Could you make the groceries trip once a month?

Love
Henrietta

PeterinScotland said...

Were the shelves well-stocked in Stornoway on a Monday? Apparently it did not use to be so (presumably in other places supplies come on the Lord's Day).

Evelyn said...

H, well I should be thankful then for the weather we've gotten although it is rainy and cloudy today.

Not sure about the car sickness, since she has never been sick in the car. She was really wanting out I think, so the yogurt really did the trick in keeping her content.

Hmm, no our freezer is not huge as I was hoping, but it is all right for a two week shop. I was thinking that once a month would be a whole lot easier to handle but then again that would mean two very full trolleys!

Peter, it was well stocked. That is very sad, I wish we could go another day to avoid this but Jett is only off on Mondays, unless I go by myself of course, that would be different.

The Mom said...

I used to work in a supermarket that was stocked on Monday mornings from stock that arrived on Saturday - no Lord's day work involved. Fruit & veg keep quite well for a few days - there is no need for stocking shops on the Lord's day. . .

I understand (I *do* understand, my dad is a minister) about Jett only having Mondays off.

Love
H