Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Weeelll....

...I wasn't going to tell anyone yet, but since someone asked me point blank and now I'm worried about people finding out through the grapevine I'm telling you here...I'm pregnant with Baby #3. And I'm still in denial about it too haha, even though I feel nauseas and tired and etc! I'm only 7 weeks, with looking at a due date about May 18th. Haven't seen a doctor or a midwife yet so things have to be, I suppose "confirmed"...whatever, I think it is quite obvious, I'm expecting. :)

But anyways, thats our big news at the moment...although I'm lacking the excitement since I'm feeling the effects of morning sickness (What? I don't have a choice whether to be sick or not? Are you serious??). Anybody want to come clean house, make meals and take care of my kids for a couple of months I'd be soooo obliged... alas, it isn't that easy is it? Soo, I suppose we shall muddle through somehow, although it is hard to look ahead when you feel so gross. I've told many people this before, but I would rather go through labour/delivery then having to deal with morning sickness...hmm, that about sums up how bad it is!

Ok, need to really get some things done...if I can.

7 comments:

The Mom said...

First of all, congratulations. And second, commiserations. I had the most awful pg sickness around, and it is a nightmare. Is there anything you can take that might help - Jenny Erivin used to have some mix of B6 and ? diclectin? not sure what it was, but it helped Patti a bit.

Nothing much helped me except keeping warm, well fed and well rested. Yeah, like that is easy with two little ones!

But congratulations anyway, only 6+ months to go
Love
H

Evelyn said...

Yes it is a total nightmare. B6 and (shh) half a sleeping pill...used it with Aaron and it worked okay, besides making me feel sleepy. I finally got Diclectin for Amelia but that was after 3 months of misery...the worst I've ever had. They don't sell Diclectin in the States because of some silly issue over it. Have no clue if they offer any of that kind of stuff here? I've been taking lots of B6 and I'm sure it is helping some as I'm able to get around a bit. Thanks for the congrats :) Ev xx

Rachel said...

Wow! Congratulations! :) So this will be an even smaller gap than Amelia & Aaron, right? Guessing it will be around 15 months, and they were 17m or more? Anyway, I know it's not easy when you have two little ones to tend to at the same time as feeling miserable. But on the bright side, you might start feeling better in another 6 weeks. Amazingly, the day I turned 13 weeks I woke up feeling human again! It was wonderful. Can't say I don't have occasional bouts of feeling icky or tired, but I'm soooo much better and eating normal food again!! So just hang in there - it will get better. :)

I've been taking a B complex from Seven Seas and I think it helps a lot - made me feel a lot less tired. It's got the required folic acid (so takes care of that one) and has brewers yeast as well (natural source of B vitamin?) and I think it not only helped with tiredness but sickenss as well. It's a one a day vitamin and Tesco have 30 count bottles for only just over 2 pounds, so not bad. Anyway, just an idea. :)

Evelyn said...

Yes it is smaller (ahhh!!) between the first two it is 18 months and now it is likely 16 months for the next.

I would really like to believe it about the 13 weeks thing, and maybe it will be different this time around, but with Amelia I was sick over 13 weeks, with Aaron I can't remember but I was taking something for the sickness so I might not have known...anyways it wasn't that bad with him. I am taking B6 but will see about the Tesco thing. Unfortunately 6 more weeks of this is a long time... :( just hope it goes by fast.
Ev xx

Melissa said...

Congratulations! Strangely enough... I was actually starting to wonder, lol! I'm not even there and I was wondering... hmmm... I think I have baby on the brain. Everyone the "right age" is supposed to be expecting in my head right now (pregnancy to blame, perhaps??)! Hope the sickness goes away soon!

Sharon said...

WOW!!! Congratulations! So many new babies on the way! I'm very happy for you. With both of my boys I felt pretty sick at the beginning, but you know, by the time they were born, I had completely forgotten about the sickness, and even now I don't think of it. I do remember when I was pregnant with Noah thinking, "How could I have forgotten how awful this is?!?" but once again it was soon forgotten after week 12 or 13.

The things that helped me: eating small meals regularly, and when I felt too awful to eat something, ginger tea or sometimes a mint candy would help me feel okay enough to get some food down. Also I found that the chalky chewable calcium pills were helpful--I think Tums is an example?

I hope you feel better soon!

Evelyn said...

Thanks Melissa & Sharon for the congrats.

I'm afraid I have never forgotten the morning sickness with Amelia, it seriously haunts me. But, I haven't had it near as bad as that, and so far this time seems to be going better then I expected...oh I hope!

Ev xx