Sometimes I doubt very much that anyone reads this blog of ours. But I guess that can't be true since the neocounter says quite a few people do check up on us. Still, I fear I've gotten boring, or perhaps people have gotten used to not commenting, or even worse just have gotten used to us being overseas meaning that somehow we are not missing family and friends and have a huge selection of friends over here...well in case you wondered we do not have a whole lot of friends, but I believe some friendships have been made since our stay. No...maybe part of the thing is that everyone is soo busy, not that we aren't either but perhaps not the extent as Texas right now. Oh dear, I guess I'm feeling left out. Well yes I am (don't know about Jett but I'm guessing he is too)! We are missing an important event, no make that 3 important events (already missed one) and it is hard. We haven't forgotten Texas but I feel they have forgotten us not that we are much anyways. Sometimes I wish they knew what it was like to live away from family...only Joe and Care can be allowed to say that! Well I suppose all the sister in laws have felt or are feeling a bit of that too.
I'm probably coming across as if I'm complaining or I'm feeling sorry for myself, and I hope I can say no, I can't complain we have too much to be thankful for to complain. The feeling sorry for me self...eek, that probably is there - bad I know, not a good day to be writing a post maybe?
Ok...enough of that then, let me think about all the things that I should be thankful for! Certainly not even half of them will be listed.
- Healthy Children, not to mention healthy husband and me too
- Shelter, Food, clothing, water etc (we take these for granted!!)
- Friends and Family
- The things to keep in contact with family and friends - phones/internet
- Photographs :)
- A keyboard to play on
- Working oven, washingmachine, etc!!
- A reliable car
- The very nice people in Perth congregation
- The very nice people in Edinburgh congregation (LOL, better not keep that list going it would be a whole lot...would be a lot of congregations!!)
And I can't think at the moment due to Amelia saying to me "A petty pano, yah?" She wants to play...so better be off. Oh...was going to put a clip up...
3 comments:
Hi there!
Was sorry I missed you when you were round on Monday! Have been hearing about how cute your kids are :)
See you soon maybe and hope the move to Harris goes ok.
Marion xxx
I read your blog and comment on it too every once in a while don't I? I read your blog quite regularly actually!
Of course we're missing yall. You also have to remember that people like me are busy... working and also working at the church some nights. I haven't seen many of the visiting people yet.
Wish yall were here obviously! Keep the pics and videos coming!
You have my sympathy--I do understand what it's like to live away from family! I know that it's hard, especially when people are too busy to keep in touch as often as you might like. At least this time I get to be here for some of the big events, but I have to leave again all too soon. :(
Post a Comment