Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Family photos!

I should be doing something else rather than typing here. But I figured y'all might want to hear one last time from us before we go off to Harris and have almost no access to internet for a couple of weeks. So, what is new? Uhm...well, last night we had the Dickie clan over for dinner which was very nice. I booked the ferry ticket for Jett, and my own bus ticket and Amelia/Aaron's. Would have booked my ferry ticket as well but I can do that there at least the website appears that way and I think I did that way way back in 2003 with Beck...ooh, don't even want to think about the Ullapool-Stornoway Ferry ride I still say to this day I've never been so sick in all my life I even say it was worse than being pregnantly sick! Anyways, that is information that has been repeated and gets very very boring...as this post is becoming.

Ok, so I'm supposed to be packing and getting ready for this big move over and I find myself wondering what I should do. Most things are packed, it is just all the little things which we have far too much of! Right, I guess I know what I need to be working on. :S

I'm dreadfully nervous about traveling on a bus for 7 1/2 hours with two children! Oh and I have to change at some stage to another bus I'm glad that is only once. Far to easily do we trust in man rather than God when, He is in control of all things. My Oma always emphasized that trusting in the Lord did not mean we could/should be "lazy" about our business, but that we are to do our duty. I just wished I understood more of what she meant by this, I know very little of what I should know.

I mentioned that we got our family photos taken. So I thought I would run a poll on the two that turned out the best as well as some that maybe could work too? I really wonder now what it would have been like in a professional studio - haha! So please leave us a comment and let us know which pose you like best! :)

Pose #1

Pose #2

Pose #3 (Aaron...??)

Pose #4
(this was the last pic that was taken, can you tell?)

And just a interesting one here...no one is looking at the camera but Aaron. I posted this one as an afterthought in case your wondering!

And on to regular not very important pictures of our life! :)
Like mother like son...haha.

This usually happens every dinner time. Jett feeds Aaron, and I help Amelia (although she can feed herself usually).

Poor Jett, some got on his trousers. :S

Amelia really enjoyed this dessert that I made for last night it is one of my favourites to make now and sooo easy!

She helped me beat the whipping cream and now she got her reward :)

And to end my lengthy post is yet another clip of my dear son. Bye for now!

3 comments:

The Mom said...

I like the first one best, tho three is nice too.

Send me an email with your Harris address; I hope you get settled in and the internet set up asap. And that all goes well on the bus trip. Does not sound fun. Hopefully they'll sleep for you.
Love
H

Stephanie said...

Nice family photos, Ev! How did yall do that? Did someone take them for you or....?

I like pose # 2. Amy isn't smiling in there, but that's fine. So yah, ,that's the one me and Carl like. Btw, I got the SAME skirt!! Hehe. I just got it a few days ago.

Aaron looks like he could be crawling any time! He's grown sooo much since I saw him last. He was about how old Cameron is now.

A 7 1/2 hour trip on a bus with two kiddos doesn't sound very good. Now, why can't Jett go with you? That would be a WHOLE LOT easier!! I feel bad for you. But you can do it, hun!

Sorry I don't comment. I feel bad. I'm rarely on the computer. When I am, I try to post pics n things on my blog. By the time I'm done with such things, my babies need me or something. I DON'T FORGET ABOUT YOU!!! Just remember that! Don't worry, you're still loved by me. I'm just alil busier than ever before. :)

Love and hugs!
~Sister in law,Stephie~

thedude said...

one or three were my picks before I saw anybody else's ratings.