Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Blair Castle, Ft. William and Carrot :)

We are home now! After so much driving in the past two weeks I think we are quite ready for a break...ahh, but it will only last for two weeks! We hope to leave for Harris the 26th...exactly two weeks today. We are still discussing how we are going to move there: whether I get a bus and he takes the car or we all go in the car. Slightly concerned about going there for 8 months but I shouldn't be worried too much right?

So packing will consist of most my time again for the next week and a half - alas I haven't started and actually I've been trying to catch up on cleaning and laundry!

Amy has been counting to 10 and ever since our drive to Ft William she attempts to sing the ABC song... sounds more like this "Douboo U, y and z ...now know my ABC'S! know my ABC'S!" lol... she is cute. She is also getting into this "Ewwww, grosss" stage. Pretty hilarious listening to that...not sure if you would want to hear her say it..but it is very funny! Or how about having your name Gerrit? For a 2 yr old it is very easy to say it "Carrot" Uncle Carrot! :)

To the pictures now seeing there is quite a lot here! Ok...we didn't go on the day I said we would to Blair Castle but we went on Friday (the weather was more favourable). And...I didn't get a single photo while we were at Uncle Lyle's and Anna's - I don't know why but that is just how it happened. :(

So this is where we went last Friday. Travelled up to Blair Atholl to see this...
It was quite nice, but when you see one castle it is basically like you have seen them all (in some degree). Again Jett and I enjoyed (most of all) the outside.
I feel like this picture looks like something from a story book.
we have a picture on that bridge looking towards where I took this picture (lol that makes no sense!)

Oh the trees!!! They were so large, straight and massive!

Aren't they lovely?

My handsome man. :)

This was taken on that bridge looking towards the castle and where I was standing.

A walk way that leads to stairs...not a good idea with a stroller.

Me...

We were looking at and *up* the trees, trying to span them with our arms and so forth...they were just beautiful. I guess I really like trees!

A very nice smile of AJ she sees the camera and starts to say "Miles! Miles" Instead of Smiles lol!

During our picnic lunch...

The table

LOL, she wasn't saying her "ewww gross" but it looks like she was!

Aww such cuties!

A scenic view of some river that-I-don't-have-a-name-for that runs "almost" straight through Scotland if not straight through altogether! This was on our way to Ft. William.

Just a wee turn of the camera and you got this view!

And this view. Reminded me of the Hoover Dam...well, slightly :)

Ok, and thats it! Must run and get some work done...again!

No comments: