Has it really been since the 24th of July that I sat down and posted here? I mean a picture post, or an updating post. Sorry everyone! But if you knew how much we had to do in the past month...! Sooo where do I start? Well, we had John and Naomi, and then John only and then both again (yes it is confusing) for at least a week and a half. We also had two Manse Nights for the youth in our church. And of course I'm schooling Amelia and Aaron and trying to spend time with Owen. Keith gets attention regardless, but it is the middle children that can be neglected, at least that is from my experience. Amelia is almost done her grade 1 Language and Spelling. I have yet to see her finish her Saxon Math. I will not be buying Saxon again for her...I think they could've made it at least somewhat colourful for the first several grades! Probably it would've been better if I bought the manipulatives to go with it but well you try to pinch pennies (ahem dollars!) here and there. I've already bought her Grade 2 Math, Language and Spelling from Abeka, but I would really like to get another Apologia Science book and maybe just maybe dive into some History. I really want to know what The Mystery of History is like so if you've done quite a bit of it please leave a review I want to hear from you! Yes, I am rambling again! So with Aaron what am I doing? Well, he is practicing how to write letters and it is rather hilarious to watch. B's end up with three humps usually...the X's look more like T's and so on. At least he is trying. I'm going through Amelia's K4 readers with him and he seems to be doing quite well...at least when he isn't being a goof!
| Oh no! He can pull himself up! And I actually caught him getting himself up on his feet with out holding onto anything! I hope walking isn't coming too soon! |
| He really wishes he could be out there too. |
| Aww! Seriously he is like this most of the time! |
2 comments:
We use the Mystery of History and like it well enough. I like that it's chronological from creation onwards, and that it includes and correlates with Bible history. As a wanna-be writer myself, I really don't like the way it's written, but that doesn't seem to deter my boys, who really enjoy it. The suggested activities at the end of each chapter are often just silly, so we just ignore those. Given the lack of other options, I would say it's a good pick for the elementary years. Hope that helps! If I find anything better, I'll let you know! :)
Oops-last comment was from me! :) -Sharon in Texas
Post a Comment