So, I'm typing this to give you a yummy casserole that Ida gave me which is what I'm making right now too. It has passed 4 Smith's and they all gave it a good grade (oh one of those Smith's was me, ahem). So have a go at this because it is filling due to fat content, but delicious though easy! And you know how mum's want easy yet delicious meals! :)
Cauliflower Bean Casserole
1 cauliflower cut into florets
1 bag of frozen green beans
1 small onion chopped
1 package of bacon
1 cup of grated cheese
1 cup of mayonnaise
1 cup of butter (yes the original recipe calls for 1 whole cup...I put in maybe 1/2 cup don't do this to the mayo though, because the mayo gives this dish its delicious flavour)
So you cook up the cauli, the beans and fry up your bacon (I snip mine in half before hand to make it easier to eat) and your onion if you don't like too much of the raw onion thing (husband).
In a large casserole dish mix the cooked stuff together. Then I guess you melt the butter or at least soften it enough to mix with the mayo and you mix that into the mixture and then you top it with the cheese and bake it at 300 for 20 minutes. Enjoy :)
All right I have to grate my cheese now! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment