Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Our news regarding New Zealand


(Auckland, NZ)

I've been meaning to write about this much earlier but everything seems to be getting in the way. For example, my brother in law finds a cheaper flight for the end of this week, leaving us to scramble to get him a ride, thankfully we found a bus from Brantford to take him to Buffalo so hopefully things will turn out okay today for that! Another example is that I do not have my own laptop, but this we hope to change in the near future.

So. Finally I am telling you about our visa situation. Sitting at my mom's place is Jett's visa, and all three children as well, but not mine. I was not issued mine, and can't be issued until after I have the baby, this also means we need to apply for the new babies visa as well (can you see this being long and drawn out?) But I was so happy to hear that Jett has his visa (and even the kids for that matter) it just means we are bit closer to all being allowed to go!

We decided instead of waiting in North America (Jett can't stay up in Canada for longer than 6 months so in order for him to attend the birth he would need to be out of the country for some time anyway) that the appropriate thing to do would be to start the work in Auckland as soon as possible. It does mean we will be separated for 2-3 months during the latter part of my pregnancy, but I feel comforted knowing Jett will be working where we believe he is called to.

I can't say why all of this is happening to us, only that the Lord's ways are not our ways. It is a trial, but He has not left us without help. He has remembered mercy. Some of you might think how am I supposed to cope without Jett with three littles and an ever growing camel's hump! I've thought much about this too, and worried too, but I'm not left without help. Of all places to have to stay for the rest of the pregnancy Chesley is probably the best spot! I have already 4 people I can apply for help when needed, and my sister already has offered her services if I go into labour early (and even when I do she would like to come).

So, Jett's flight is booked for mid-September, and the ordination/induction to follow shortly thereafter. We should be so thankful we have the doors opened thus far!

4 comments:

lcrmum said...

Oh Ev I feel for you! I have been in your place before and its not easy. It will be good for you to be near your mum and sister instead of having to be on your own. Please know you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Aww Evelyn!!! What a long drawn out affair this is turning out to be. I had no idea visas were so complicated!! Happy to hear Jett's and children's visas came through, but sorry to hear you have to do without him for a couple of months or so. Will he be able to come back to Canada for the birth?

Hope you are keeping well! 22 weeks already, wow!

Dawn <3

Evelyn said...

Yes Dawn, sorry I probably wasn't very clear about him coming back. He hopes to arrive a week before due date and attend the birth. He is leaving now so that he can stay with me for another two months before he would have to stay out of the country...we're hoping we can arrange it in such a way to enable him to at least be here for the birth and hopefully we can ALL fly over as a family...but we will have to see :)

Rachel said...

I am so sorry for this trial and I have had many and as my favorite verse states and you said His ways are not our ways or plans. I have found that to be true so many times but in the thick of it, it is hard to remember that! Bless your heart being pregnant and taking care of the other three with no husband. My husband just started back to work and law school so we only see him on the weekends and it is HARD! Though, I am not pregnant....not yet anyway...hopefully soon... Hang in there...if you were here I would love to help you out!