What you need:
- 2 eggs (for one person)
- salt, pepper, garlic powder, & onion powder
- Tortillas
- Sour cream
- Salsa (or Picante sauce if your in the South US)
- cheese :D
- Chopped cooked potato (optional)
- fried chopped onion (optional)
So just like you would make scrambled eggs, do the same thing adding the spices, and onion and potato (if your including those). And fry in a pan...
Layer on a warmed up tortilla...cheese, salsa/picante and sour cream...mmm something mexican for breakfast yummy!!
6 comments:
yummy - they look delicious! :) Think I'll come to yours for breakfast! lol
I make Mexican lasagne for dinner quite frequently, and made some lovely burritos the other night - but not thought of breakfast ones for a long time. Guess that's because we always have a hurried breakfast of cold cereal every morning! oops! Then again, with Benjamin very possibly being allergic to eggs, and his tummy not tolerating oatmeal, cold cereal always seems the best option, otherwise he feels left out!
Mmmm, breakfast burritos...I make these from time to time, but I never thought to include a potato; that's a good idea. And I don't know why I never thought to spice the eggs, either. I think I know what we're having for lunch today (yes, I know it's breakfast food, but it sounds so yummy!)
Aww sorry Rach! Poor Benjamin. It is a good protein booster for pregnant mommies though and who says they have to be a breakfast meal? I've done it for lunch many times :D my kids wont touch them and never feel left out (probably because they think it looks like it will taste disgusting lol!)...but everyone is different!
Haha Sharon! Enjoy your lunch :)
YUMMY!!!!!!
I usually fry diced potatoes in a skillet, and then once they're cooked, add the eggs. Quicker and less dirty dishes. :)
An even faster way to do the potatoes is....
next time you're making jacket (baked) potatoes, do a couple of extra ones. Throw them in the fridge for a day or two till you need them. Then, while they're still cold, peel the skins off, dice them up, and fry them for a couple of minutes (just to brown them, as they're already cooked, soft and tender!) and then add eggs and proceed as usual! :) Takes a tiny amount of time compared to frying raw potatoes! Or if you don't have any left over ones, just pop some potatoes in the microwave for sevreal minutes - just as good, and again, so much quicker since you're just browning them!
Btw, that's not my own tip - but how my Mom always did it when we were growing up. I think she just *might* have learned it from our Mexican relatives - so the true way of doing it! ;-) LOL
Post a Comment