Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Preschool, car troubles, and renovations

Ah, it has been a busy week as usual. I caught up on the laundry aspect plus ironing, which left this thurday to be a more kid focused day. Sooo, I got brave and let the kids do their first "cut and pasting" thing, although I did the cutting since we don't have safety scissors yet, they enjoyed it. They pasted tissue paper to construction paper, and then I got even more brave and let them paint it! They had fun of course.

I wrapped a nice square box and cut out a square at the top so I can stick cards of letters, numbers or anything really into it. We used it today for a few new sight words and some letters for Aaron he doesn't know very many...infact he is quite different from Amy. But he likes the letter "p" and I think he knows what "a" is.

I went through a few pages of Amy's learning to read book, she is starting to blend, but we are going slow (I mean purposely slow, I don't want to rush this on her since she is only 3 and 1/2).

And then I brought out the well...the video explains what it is! :)

The video of our fun day!



Oh yes car trouble...our car decided not to start or it started and died 3 secs later. The mechanic said it was some malfunction of the key? Something to do with a chip in it and it had to be reset...? Didn't make sense to me but here is what was attached to Jett's key...heehee, I think someone won't be forgetting us very quickly. :)


The front porch of the manse was leaking, and the window frame was rotting away very badly, so the joiners are just now replacing it all and are getting quite far with only two days of work done on it.

And now diaper duty calls. :)

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Aaron is doing quite well with the matching! Rebecca likes to try to figure out how to use our kid scissors, but as of yet her hands are much too little to do any cutting (they can't spread the handles!), so she just gets frustrated with them, hehe!

I like the tag for the key, lol... I would agree- you're not going to be quickly forgotten!

Rachel said...

They are SO ADORABLE! I love hearing their sweet voices! What a neat idea with the letter matching---very creative!

Evelyn said...

melissa, Aaron is actually poor at matching! He was working on that one name for a looong time and he kept on mixing up the order, I'm not sure if he really gets it!

Rach, this was not my idea...lol, I'm not brilliant to think up something like that! But found it on someones blog.