First to note I had a bout of some kind of flu or food poisoning not sure what it was but it made me feel low for a day, but not real ill like the flu normally does. Thankfully I was the only one who got it if it was the flu. Now I'm battling a head cold :( and I fear that some of the kids have a touch of it too.
I have been cloth diapering again. But it isn't full time, I just can't do it. So Aaron and Owen are toddling around with big bottoms during the day and having disposables at night and weekends. I must admit this is not good for my hands (eczema). :(
Jett got 200 pounds worth of books from the Banner so it was cute watching him go through his
new books (like a little kid getting new toys). I wonder where he is going to put them...!
Baby wearing...well, not really. I can't baby wear - I try occasionally, but it just really really hurts the back. I've been working hard at getting my stomach muscles back in order as this is good for the lower back (my weakest spot!). But I have a pic of Owen in the sling with me...I've wanted a moby wrap for ages, but if I don't like wearing my babies then why should I spend the money?
And my laptop...oh bother! I wonder if will ever start again now. I was trying to upload pictures into it when as turning on the camera all of a sudden the com went completely off. It would start up a while later but I was dumb and redid my attempts to uploading only for it to completely go off and now after a nights rest it doesn't want to listen anymore at all. :( Anybody have some helpful tips for this??!
Owen cut his second tooth half a week ago...and has been doing this! AHHH at 8 months my son is trying to stand while holding onto something. And it isn't a little while, he wants to keep doing it. Oh dear.

He doesn't look like he is enjoying this does he?





5 comments:
It's nice to see an update from you! I like the picture of you with Owen in the sling. I know that babywearing is hard on the back, but it does get much easier if you can figure out how to wear them on the back rather than the front.
Amelia has a very nice smile; thanks for posting. :)
I have a Moby Wrap, and I really like how comfortable it is. It's really awkward for me to wear a baby on the front though, and it's next to impossible for me to put her on my back by myself because she is SO squirmy. I agree with Sharon that it's easier if you wear them on the back.
Have you tried a mei tai? I find that it's good and supportive for larger babies. I wouldn't be without mine! :) Though Clement is quite an active boy around the house and doesn't want to be worn that much. But I use it more when I'm out & about. I made my own and they're quite easy, as long as you can get a good/sturdy/non-stretchy fabric in a very long piece (for the straps). I have a couple of ring slings that I made (like the one in your pic) but afraid I never really got the hang of them properly. I've never tried a Moby, though I've heard they're good. What I really loved when Clement was little was the Papoozle from Tots Bots, which actually looks a bit like the Moby, though I expect it's rather different. It is fantastic for small babies, holds them very securely, and with the large support belt for your waist, you really don't feel pain anywhere with it. Quite amazing really. Though they only go up to around 28lbs, I think - and I didn't find it so supportive for Clement once he wanted to stretch and pull himself back & forth in it. But I used it a LOT when he ws small. I think he was over 6 weeks old before he ever went in a pushchair - the Papoozle was just so much better, comfy, he slept, and he *hated* being in a puschair. It made going on a 2 week holiday when he was 5 weeks old so easy, as he always slept while we were out doing things/visiting places. As for now though, he loves being in the pushchair and goes to sleep within 5 minutes if he's due for a nap! LOL
Owen is big!!!! Wow.
What exactly did your computer do, before it crashed? Did it start locking up and stuff? Any warning messages? Has it been going slower than normal? I'm sorry - that's a true problem.
I thank you for the pictures!!
Thanks Sharon & Mercy. Hmm...Owen is very bad at being squirmy too, I doubt he would stay worn for long either. Thanks Rach for the thought of a Mei Tai, I just don't know if baby wearing is for me.
Sam, my computer didn't crash, it was more like zapped...heehee, even Dave said so (Perth Computers guy) so I electrocuted the E-system and now it is being sent to NI to get fixed. Yes Owen is getting very big...he is too cute. And he is realizing he has a mind of his own too...which means more trouble for mom. :S
Post a Comment