Pages

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Home!

We are finally home after a long, tiresome, treacherous, trek! We left Skye yesterday and ended up going through snow squalls starting about Invergarry area and it was on and off for the rest of our way (we didn't make it to Perth). We usually go through Dalwhinnie but one guy couldn't make it up the hill (kept slipping) and another car was attempting it when I told Jett that NO we were not going to go through Dalwhinnie...sooo, we took a LOOONG alternative route which when we finally ended up at the Dalwhinnie road we were turned back because the A9 was closed from there to Pitlochry! :S So...we ended up going back up 13 miles to Newtonmore and found a hotel there...it was extremely nice to settle down safe!! Even though I have lived in Canada and have seen bad storms...it doesn't compare to now. Why? Because I have three small children in the car, the tires are NOT winter tires, the UK snow plows (although I am thankful for them) need to go to Canada to get some proper gear to clear the roads...lol, sorry, but I was surprised at how little snow they actually removed! They must have worked all night because by morning when we did head back to Perth it was very clear, and the best roads I have seen since we left Skye!! Anyways, as you can imagine my nerves are kind of shot as they say...I think I'll be wishing for less snow, or...better snow plows... :D

No comments: