I have hardly a second here. I need to be packing, eating dinner, and somehow get sleep tonight. I can't tell everything just now due to lack of time, but here is the run down of what has been going on.
Amelia has been having strange turns/fits or the like started Wed night. We've seen doctors Friday, Saturday and today and now tomorrow we are due to fly out Stornoway to Glasgow to see a Neurologist (I think unless it is a pediatrician). It seems Amy may have absence (minor) epilepsy.
And with that, I can't say more because we have little time to just relax even! Must run and check my pizzas in the oven.
3 comments:
Carl told me about this. I'm soo sorry to hear this. We're praying for Amy and yall.
I'm so sorry, that must be quite frightening for you all. I hope the neurologist is able to give you a definitive diagnosis, and the appropriate treatment. I've heard that mild forms of epilepsy are pretty easy to treat with medication, but you probably already know that if you've seen the doctor. Please do update when you can.
You may not know me, but I used to be in the FP church in Barnoldswick. I can understand what you are going through, as my oldest son started with fits at the beginning of last year.It is so frightening with the tests and understanding whats going on. They did find, not till many months later- that he had glue ear which can cause disturbances in the brain. Get everything physical- ruled out first- as so ready these days to medicate- give it time. Viral infections, etc can do funny things to children. My son had a week of full blown fits and then had no more again- they traced absences to with the electrobes. We said no to medication untill there was continous evidence of epilepsy. There are such side effects to these drugs. A friend of mine gave me a tip on certain herbal tea bags to use for epilepsy. As the brain is so buzzing after a 'do'. In providence we did the right thing- as no more since then! Anytime I would love to be in touch, my mum Felicity is a good friend of Mrs Murray in Edinburgh, who you will know. Take care. Caroline
Post a Comment