I was going to post yesterday but my mom phoned and then my other mom phoned sooo nothing came up here till now...hopefully.
Yes, we finally made it home Thursday evening and wow, what a journey it has been! Two very long days of traveling. At first our flight was supposedly cancelled (Houston to Paris) but was actually delayed by a couple of hours...meaning we missed our connection in Paris and had to wait a couple of hours there before finally getting on another plane for Edinburgh. Sheena welcomed us in her home with a lovely warm meal...and after such a long day it felt so nice to have a good meal for once! We would have had a good night I suppose if I checked Aaron's diaper sooner (note to self, check diaper first before anything else) but we ended up trying to feed him, rock him etc until Jett suggested checking his diaper...poor thing, I felt so bad! The next day we mistakened what time the ferry was to leave Uig so we rushed out the door and drove nearly straight through (although we made a few stops to get gas, switch drivers but the kids stayed in the car seats the whole way through and were good!). The ferry was to leave at 3:00 and we made it there at 2:58 or so?? Heehee...yes, we barely made the ferry but we made it! I was so glad to, because the stress of having to find a B&B for two nights was not something I looked forward to (the ferry wasn't sailing Friday). It was smooth sailing (lol pun intended) for the rest of the journey home...but the house was so cold! Anyways, we are here, and trying to get used to the wind and rain again, as well as the time change. Last night was a good night for the kids but Jett and myself were struggling trying to get to sleep, ah well, it will come soon I hope. :)
No pics for now seeing we just got back, but I do hope to post next week when we've finally got into a routine again. For now, I'll be dealing with runny noses, kleenex's and re-training my girl to use the potty! Oh...and back to cloth (diapers) it is yippie! :)
5 comments:
Welcome home :-) I have been thinking bout you - no c.pox then? That is a blessing.
It is cold. (some parts of the world are due to be colder than ever before in recent history)
We are being blessed with central heating, which certainly makes the house warmer. I am not sure we'll be able to afford to run it much, grin, but it's great to have it done.
Not all the rooms are done yet, but should be finished next week, DV
Love
H
Sounds like you have a busy household lately (not that it isn't usually anyways!).
Yes, we didn't get the c.pox, rather surprised by that but glad it didn't come as I wasn't prepared for such a thing with a trip and so on.
Cold?! Yes!!! Not as cold as Canada mind you, though I have thought it was colder than usual here in Harris. Nov/Dec saw some snow and what people have been saying, colder temps as well. I do find that it is rather milder again at the moment but I doubt that will last long. :) Update to come soon. :)
Ev xx
Evelyn
If you're ever running late for one of those ferries - phone ahead! We missed the Uig-Harris ferry in the snow soon after Abigail was born because it left a few minutes EARLY. We had to drive all the way back to Dingwall in the snow with a tiny baby (in fact we stayed with friends in Lochcarron overnight). Anyway they would not get it back for us despite the fact it had left early, but said they would have held it for us had we rung ahead!
We would have phoned if we had their number!! I was shocked that absolutely no number was on the itinerary we printed off...and worse yet nothing on the return sort of ticket! Ah well, we made it in time as did another driver behind us! Not nice that you had to drive back...it is a long trek!
Well, I think that was our problem too, but no doubt we could have used some kind of "Directory Enquiries" service to find the number.
Post a Comment