Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Chickenpox?

No, we don't have it as of yet. But I'm worried about it coming. They say that it can incubate up to 21 days before any spots appear. Yes...Amy and Aaron but mainly Amy, have been exposed to a girl who has it this has been a week ago. Even while incubating it is infectious...*sigh* what does this mean? Well, I don't know if an airline will allow someone with chickenpox (contagious that is) on board...I have yet several days to see if anything will show on her...I'm really hoping she doesn't get it just now. If it was after our trip sure, let her have it and get it done with! When they are younger it doesn't hurt them as much (nor scar as bad) as it would if they were older nearing teens etc. I thought she had one on her cheek, but after examining it better and for a few days with no other spots showing I realized that it looked just like eczema - a problem she has anyways. Sooo...I'm still waiting.

1 comment:

PeterinScotland said...

You could do some Googling about this. I searched for
"chicken pox" airline, and here is some of what I gleaned from a very few sites - there are lost more.

Some folk have even been thrown off a plane after the spots have crusted over (no longer infectious) because they didn't have a doctor's letter saying they were fit to fly.

The point is that air is recirculated on a plane, so coughs and sneezes are recirculated, and if anyone has AIDS or is on immunosuppressants after a transplant or other major treatment, chickenpox can kill them.

Several people mentioned the importance of Travel Insurance, and it was also mentioned that it needs to be right from when you booked your tickets.