Pages

Thursday, December 06, 2007

our lovely mousie

I figured you might want to know what we’ve been up to this week, but of course, no pics to show so it will be probably rather boring.

At the moment Jett is in Glasgow attending the Theological Conference, while I’ve been home getting lonely, but hopefully putting time into profitable things.

Two noteworthy things that have happened in the past two days…

Our pet mouse (as I’m calling him now) decided to make his appearance for the second time. Of course it had to happen when Jett was still away, and Amelia was sleeping, so everything was very quiet. “Ah, they must be away,” says mouse, “I wonder if they left me any food…” So out comes little mouse and sits under our dining room table, facing me! I was reading so I didn’t see him at first, but then on looking up I saw him…I stomped my foot and he ran, as fast as he could, under the fridge. On seeing that, I figured he wouldn’t come out until I had gone… but no sooner had a few minutes past I saw him again just exiting his hiding spot under the fridge. The nerve of the pest! I figured he would be a little more hesitant to come out, but obviously not! Anyways, we set up traps last night in hopes of catching the thing. And I figured that we would be rid of him by this morning. Hmm, well, it soo happens to be that yes he likes peanut butter, but for some reason he is brilliant at not making the traps go off...and yet getting his peanut butter!! I’m rather disappointed. :S

The midwife came today for the homebirth meeting thing and a check up. It all went fine, baby is head down already (as it had been for the past 2 weeks at least) and I measuring what I should be 32weeks. Interestingly enough though, the babies head seems to be quite low – no need for concern as the midwife told me… but it still makes me wonder!

One more thing, we sent off the camera, but I doubt I will hear word of it for a wee bit, anybody know how long it takes for you to receive word about an estimate for the repair or if they received the camera? I was a bit nervous sending it the way I did (by mail) but I guess it was the only option at the moment for us.

Rick Bouman is in Scotland for the week, so hopefully we’ll be seeing him at some point in Edinburgh. It must have been ages since he has been over here…just wish he could have brought one or two of his daughters with him!

Okay that was two more things I mentioned! I guess I’ve said enough!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well I hope that the mouse goes away. Glad everything went okay with the midwife. Thanks for posting......

cath said...

Aaargh, mice!! I hope you were warned that they're very much a feature of life in Edinburgh flats :-( Not such a nice feature, it must be admitted, and they are INCREDIBLY cheeky!!! One time in one of the previous flats I lived in, myself and at least one of my flatmates were sitting in the kitchen when one popped out from the cupboard under the sink and *strolled* right across the floor in full view and under the cooker!! We were outraged! he didn't even break into a run when we stamped the floor and all sorts!!

Evelyn said...

Lol, can't help but laugh! Nope these pests aren't in the least scared off with one caught...in fact I feel like they are seeking revenge or something on us, as they are coming even more frequent! Jett finally found a shop that sold lots of mouse traps, poison etc, so we shall see what tomorrow morning will bring! :)