It’s another Tuesday and Jett is back in classes again. I’m afraid he lost 5 hours of studying or preparing yesterday due to going to a chiropractor and Asda. I’m just being my lazy self right now and decided to put off dish washing, tidying and even some laundry. I think I would rather bake right now, but that’s me I suppose.
Well, yesterday, as I already mentioned, we went to see a chiropractor in Leith. We’re about maybe 5 minutes away from the Firth of Forth which connects of the North Sea, and maybe 10 minutes away from Leith. Can you believe there are only 15-18 chiropractors in Edinburgh area alone!? I was shocked! No wonder I couldn’t find many in the phone book! So different from the US/Canada! Anyways, another thing is its even more difficult finding a female chiropractor, and the only one that we did find is on maternity leave! So we’re settling for a male for now. He is from Australia. Anyways as most Chiropractors begin with a series of appointments close together I’m supposed to be back today for another adjustment. I don’t know why this pregnancy is different but my back is always hurting especially when I have to sit or get up. I’m determined it’s a boy but then again I’ve been proven wrong the first time! J
Hmm, we also went to Currys and PC World looking for a laptop for wee me…we found one for only 289 pounds…not bad at all considering everything else ranges from that to 799 etc! Not sure if Jett should have spent it on me though, but it will come in handy when he needs the good ol Toshiba.
Tried looking at Argos for a bundt pan and pie plate – no success. Where do I find these things here?! Ach well, Jett said I might as well just buy them online (I think I will).
Went to Asda, basically it’s a walmart but mainly only groceries are sold there, small appliances and electronics and clothes…not at all what we’re used to in the States. But it works for getting “cheap” groceries (if you can call them cheap). We roughly spending 50-60 pounds a week…yes that’s double in American dollars…heehee, and I was used to spending about $75! What else is different here? No half n half…small things of sour cream, small things of just about everything! Wow I’ve written too much! J Anyways, I plan on getting a couple of photos up soon of Jett and I, wanted to show my huge bump that’s growing like crazy. He’s a kicker I tell you! Worried about having a Jeremy…J hmm, I guess it wouldn’t be “too” bad in the end because Jay is a sweetie now…heehee I won’t get into the details of what he was like as a kid! Most of you know anywhoo!
Amelia in a diaper, shirt and socks (tho you can't see them)...shes drinking so much I have to change her more often...and then when I forget or don't catch her in time...there goes the skirt.

4 comments:
The thing is Asda isn't a Walmart import, it's a British (specifically North of England) supermarket/hypermarket chain that Walmart happen to have bought a few years ago. But Walmart haven't changed very much about Asda, I don't think. Tesco (the biggest chain, just now expanding into USA), and Morrisons are in the same general price bracket as Asda. Sainsbury's tend to be somewhat dearer, as are Somerfield, and Waitrose and Marks and Spencers are dearer still. Aldi, Lidl, and Netto are continental imports with limited ranges, mostly very cheap. Our experience with Lidl here in Dingwall is that they're often but not always good quality. They also bring in different items of hardware each week for a short time. Have you been in any of those?
Hello Evelyn! It's very good to see you posting! Good to hear what y'all are up to! And don't forget Texas! (although I'm sure you haven't!!)
Slam
Well, I wouldn't have known that Asda was or wasn't an import not that I would care really, because I never liked Walmart anyways :) at least the Asda here is cleaner lol! Haven't tried the Aldi/Lidl or Netto but Asda is a short trip from here and Morrisons is just a 15 minute walk from our place so I doubt I'll need to go to another place, but of course I'm willing to try new things...well sometimes just don't serve black (or do they call it blood?) pudding to me! :)
ur kitchen is sooooooooooo tiny!!!
Post a Comment