The last day of Term 2 we went to our local annual homeschool history fair. Last year A&A did a joint project but this year they did projects separately. Aaron was all into dinosaurs until wbout a week or so before the history fair....sigh. But anyways he did really well.

Of course when you go with friends, you need to take photos of their children and projects too. ;) Here is Mr Lincoln, really like his hat!
Aaron's dinosaur display.
Mrs. Washington....er Amelia.
Amelia being judged on her knowledge of Mr. Washington.
Aaron being judged.
Another friend's project on the US flag (they like America btw) she got a prize for this, well done!
Another friend's...she also got a prize; not surprising really as she knew her stuff and enjoyed studying the Queen.
Her sister did Queen Victoria. :)
The Great Fire of London. I'm sure a lot of people know who this wee man is (at least some Scots will).
Amelia's group - was quite large, actually the three younger groups seemed to be quite large! This year they had double the participants which meant a full room.
We went to Mcdonalds as a treat afterwards. I had two crying children because Mcdonalds makes junk food...(I thought this was going to be a treat) Anyways they calmed down when I said it is okay because we only eat here very rarely! I guess I have been talking too much about how bad junk food is...!
Unfortunately this MCd's willbe moving to a new building which si being built next door (Keith is watching the machines in the pic). This most likely means a noiser Mcd's....the newer ones all seem to have tv's and some have loud music. I guess we'll have to eat outside if we want peace... :)
Anyways the next post should be of Amelia's birthday party. She had such a good time with her friends and they gave lovely thoughtful gifts. Very sweet. :)

1 comment:
Hope all are well in N Z
Post a Comment