Pages

Wednesday, March 07, 2012

The last time

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven; A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; A time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh; A time to mourn, and a time to dance; A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; A time to rend, and a time to sew; A time to keep silence, and a time to speak; A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace." Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

This week (and the next) we are saying good bye to friends and family. Some of them we hope to see again but for some of them it may be the last time we see them on this earth. I am trying to stay positive, but the reality is hard. We don't deserve such family or friends, and I hope I am very thankful for them all. We will miss you all very much!

May it be all for the Lord's glory and not our own.

3 comments:

The Mom said...

Oh Evelyn, I can't imagine what that is like to go through. I know many of our older families did it, leaving Scotland or Holland in the days when there were no international flights and voyages and letters took weeks; and yes, I guess there were some who said goodbye for the last time at the quay side.

But in Christ there is no "goodbye" only a temporary waiting.

May you and all your loved ones be bound up in that bundle of life which will see you together again in glory.

Of course it would be great too if you get to meet again in this world - but the older I get, the more I realise that time is short.

Do email me your new address/details of when you move, you are always in my prayers
Hx

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you all at this time of change in your lives,
May the Lord bless you, and go with you,
Love Dawn MacKenzie x

Bianca said...

No hurry...but you should post about New Zealand!!! lol :P

<3 Bianca