I've been trying to get to this for half a week...really! But every time I sit down to write a bit, something else comes up that needs to be done. I could wait till I'm fully settled in before I write a blog post here, and I will wait till then for a proper introduction to our home. So, for now here is a wee bit to wet your taste. :)
The first flight to LA went well, and getting to our connecting flight was easy and fine (we made it in decent time John!) the long haul flight went very well too, surprisingly it didn't feel like almost 13hrs! The kids did very well, and there really isn't much to tell of that flight. So we arrived finally after almost a year of waiting...to a sunny, bright Auckland. It was lovely to finally meet & greet some of the congregation that day and the next!
A short drive and we arrived home. I couldn't (and am still having a hard time) believe that this was the subdivision we are going to live in...so beautiful (think trees)! And after a week living here, you can tell that it is nice and quiet too.
Someone (I have yet to find out who this was!) put this lovely bouquet of flowers on our table, which was very welcoming!
The first flight to LA went well, and getting to our connecting flight was easy and fine (we made it in decent time John!) the long haul flight went very well too, surprisingly it didn't feel like almost 13hrs! The kids did very well, and there really isn't much to tell of that flight. So we arrived finally after almost a year of waiting...to a sunny, bright Auckland. It was lovely to finally meet & greet some of the congregation that day and the next!
A short drive and we arrived home. I couldn't (and am still having a hard time) believe that this was the subdivision we are going to live in...so beautiful (think trees)! And after a week living here, you can tell that it is nice and quiet too.
Someone (I have yet to find out who this was!) put this lovely bouquet of flowers on our table, which was very welcoming!
But what first greeted us was in the living room/lounge...
Thank you Monique for the sweet gifts, I really like my mug!
Thank you to Ida, Melissa, Ann, Yvonne & Linda for the lovely meals! It was a huge relief for me not to have to cook for the first little bit! And the meals were very tasty! :)
Also thank you Melissa for letting me borrow your cot & a few toys!
The manse is just gorgeous. I felt I was dreaming coming up the drive way...it just looked too beautiful to be real! I mean who has lovely gates like this?
And that is our lovely van...very very nice!
The room you see with the two windows (blinds up) is Aaron & Owen's bedroom plus play room. to the left of that you see a patio door (is that what they call a ranch slider?) and that is our large, bright bedroom.
We've done a lot of this in the past week and we still aren't through.
4 comments:
Pleased you like it here!
Thanks for posting!! =)
<3 Bianca
SO beautiful!! Aww what a relief to finally be there after all this time, so worth it!
I've been waiting to see all the pictures of what NZ is like, and so far it's looking very green and beautiful indeed.
Look forward to more in the future, as you have time,
much love,
Dawn MacKenzie x
Oh, and 8.18pm, you are exactly 12 hours ahead of the UK!! You must have skipped a day flying from the states to NZ just about!
Dawn MacK x
Oh, and 8.18pm, you are exactly 12 hours ahead of the UK!! You must have skipped a day flying from the states to NZ just about!
Dawn MacK x
Post a Comment