Has it really been a week already since Jett came back? How did the time go so fast? Here I am sitting at 40 wks pregnant (due in other words) and nothing...not a niggle...not a twinge. But, since the last two were exactly 8 days after my due date, maybe I shouldn't be expecting anything till the 22nd? Silly due dates are usually wrong anyway. And we are full of the cold, so maybe it is better for next week. BUT, I hope it will be next week and not later! I'm kind of worried about Jett leaving and me still massively pregnant...but I doubt that will happen, they usually induce if your after 42wks, and in Owensound it is usually earlier. :( Lets hope that this baby comes soon!! The last thing I want to do is have an induction and end up with a c-section (however I have mentioned that maybe it would be easier to just "have it over" but according to people that have had sections...they are not nice, enough said.)
Anyways, I wasn't going to post *all* about me and baby here!
Jett came back last week wednesday and it was sooo nice! I mean 12 weeks without a husband home is far too long, certainly not the normal way of things! So the whole morning I was anxious, nervous....feeling like we were "dating" or courting again. And then the truck pulled up. I couldn't contain my excitement and ran out the door (keeping in mind that if I fell whilst pregnant that would not be good, so I did take some care going down the stairs). Lets just say if anyone was watching they would be wondering what happened! Anyways, so inside he came, and got to see his kiddos, who were well...Amelia was excited but was so busily drawing a picture for Daddy that it was hard to put that down, Aaron had the attitude of "no big deal" but Owen. You should have seen his face. It was so cute. His grin at his Daddy and his look was so sweet! He did not forget. And soon enough he was giving his daddy hugs and kisses...aww. Amelia became herself again and started talking up a storm (I think Daddy is her favourite too lol) and later on Aaron remembered "Lets get on Daddies back!!" Poor Jett...after two nights on a plane, (major jet lag!!) and a cold coming on he really wasn't in the best form for play time, but he managed somehow. :)
Happy happy times.
My favourite quote from Jett was when he saw me running out of the house to greet him that the "12 wk separation was *almost* worth it". :) I love my man! And the kids love their Daddy! :) Now for this little one to come! :)Anyways, I wasn't going to post *all* about me and baby here!
Jett came back last week wednesday and it was sooo nice! I mean 12 weeks without a husband home is far too long, certainly not the normal way of things! So the whole morning I was anxious, nervous....feeling like we were "dating" or courting again. And then the truck pulled up. I couldn't contain my excitement and ran out the door (keeping in mind that if I fell whilst pregnant that would not be good, so I did take some care going down the stairs). Lets just say if anyone was watching they would be wondering what happened! Anyways, so inside he came, and got to see his kiddos, who were well...Amelia was excited but was so busily drawing a picture for Daddy that it was hard to put that down, Aaron had the attitude of "no big deal" but Owen. You should have seen his face. It was so cute. His grin at his Daddy and his look was so sweet! He did not forget. And soon enough he was giving his daddy hugs and kisses...aww. Amelia became herself again and started talking up a storm (I think Daddy is her favourite too lol) and later on Aaron remembered "Lets get on Daddies back!!" Poor Jett...after two nights on a plane, (major jet lag!!) and a cold coming on he really wasn't in the best form for play time, but he managed somehow. :)
Happy happy times.
And now for a few photos...here is me today, 40wks pregnant! :)
3 comments:
Hey you!!! I keep checking your blog to see if you have any update...I have been wondering if you have had the baby yet!!! Come on baby Smith!!! You must come out and let us see you!! :0) I can't wait to hear about the birth and pray you don't need an induction. Lets see...so, the BOYS were 8 days late...but not Amelia? SO, may I predict BOY this time? :) you are SOOOO going to give me baby fever. I keep thinking if I get pregnant right now, Oliver will be 2 years older than his sibling EXACTLY. Sophie and Luke are 3 years apart and I didn't want Oliver to be left out. I am only allowed ONE MORE C-SECTION (boo hoo) and that means one more child (unless we adopt which we can not afford) so, the goal is to get pregnant before next Christmas :) BUT, not right now..I am thinking summer would be good. NO way am I going to get pregnant in December again. Summer was MISERABLE!!! Ahhhhhh I love babies!!!! Can't wait!!! Those pictures of Jett are SO CUTE!! What a good Daddy he is!! Oh and I so admire you having to do without him so long...that has been me the whole semester....it is HARD!!!!!!!
Hope you have that baby soon! It seems like the days get longer and longer after you pass up your due date.
And I totally know what you mean about that dating/courting feel -- I was all of what you described when I first saw Mark after five weeks!
Looking forward to hearing baby news one of these days, hopefully soon!
Post a Comment