Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Upcoming ordination

I feel obligated to update here, but after the sad event a day ago or so I find it hard to write much. Sad for us, glorious for him, need to remind myself of this. This world is not our home, but our journey to our eternal home. We will miss Rev. Cartwright. I still have (although packed away, somewhere in Scotland or perhaps its on a boat now I'm not sure) a picture of him and his wife, and a short letter he wrote to our Amelia. I will have to read it to her again, and remind her of him. Life is so short. I have this time now in Chesley, and I need to be making use of it. My Oma is turning 90 this year (November) and we know that not many people even make it to 90. So, I need to be seeing her or having her come here more often! I grew up (20 yrs!) with my Oma living in the granny flat connected to the house.

Tomorrow (very early in the morning for us here in Canada/USA), Jett is to be ordained/inducted Lord willing. A solemn and joyous occasion. Much prayer is needed for the one who is to undertake the solemn duties of the ministry. Pray without ceasing.

All three children have colds. I don't think I have it yet, but I have had allergies for weeks now so who knows what is a cold and what isn't!

Here is Amelia stuck looking at another book.This was taken before Owen made a good mess of the containers...but thought he looked soo cute in this sleeper! I think its been awhile since my children have had a one suited sleeper!

This is a project I worked on using scraps of material from our wedding quilt. I've been promising Amelia a butterfly/flower pillow case especially since Aaron has a train pillowcase. Yes, it is not perfect, please don't look too closely... :)
I need to have visitors over, but I'm not sure who wants to be around children that are full of the cold (thankfully it isn't a bad cold - no fever).

1 comment:

The Mom said...

Thinking of you and Jett, not sure of the time difference, but you are all in our prayers
Hx