Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

its a zoo here (almost!)

Myself and the kids did visit one last week with my mom and sister (and her two children). Amelia liked feeding the goats.
And we were able to convince Aaron, after a while of watching us have fun! Jackie had the largest goat try to nibble at her skirt, and then the bag of food... :D


I could post photos of animals, but I think we all know what usually is in a zoo! This was a smaller one, so not so much walking for a pregnant mommy! :) And they had a little park area for wee ones to run around in.

Now, I must tell you something. I've been using yogurt as a face wash. Just plain organic yogurt. And it is actually really nice! I've tried the baking soda but to do that everyday is just a bit too rough on the skin for me. But yogurt...is so nice. :) Now, I have to admit I'm not diligent enough washing every night or morning with it...I do have three littles, a husband, a pregnancy, and brother in law to deal with, so time is harder to come by.

Speaking of yogurt, look what I found my son doing a day or so ago...



Yes....yogurt in his hair! *sigh*


And what of our visas? Well, last Friday or Thursday we found out that my standard of health is unacceptable and on the basis of that they could refuse our application (pregnancy is considered an unacceptable standard of health - I still think its so silly but nevermind). However our last and final option was to write a guarantee (oh I cant remember how its spelled!) that the birth etc would be covered (cost), and the church has graciously done this for us. We may still be refused, but we can only pray that they would let us through - please remember us! We will likely know the final outcome later next week. And yes, it has been a very stressful time, but I hope I am learning more and more that all things are in His control, and whatever happens it is in His providence. Our ways are not His ways neither His thoughts our thoughts. (I'm not quoting the text perfectly, just trying to remember the content).

Until next week then or the week thereafter!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I haven't heard of yogurt as a face wash, but I'll have to try that some time! I wash my face with honey which works beautifully. I add a little brown sugar for a good scrub once in a while.

Unknown said...

I've been using baking soda as a face wash, but clearly Olivia hasn't been paying attention because I've never seen her covering her entire head in it! ;)

We're remembering you all in prayer in this difficult time.