Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Not just epilepsy but also tuberous sclerosis.

On a Saturday afternoon I got a phone call from the Dr. Macleod (Glasgow, Neurologist-Pediatrician) stating Amelia's MRI results... I was hoping for something else but this is what it is and I just need to accept it, submit to the Lord's will. Amy's MRI showed subtle abnormalities. We had thought we ruled out TS (Tuberous sclerosis) by having a certain eye exam although TS can affect more than just the eyes, such as vital organs: brain, kidneys etc, so I guess we weren't quite out of the water just yet, although the doctor really didn't think anything would show. So these "subtle abnormalities" I am supposing are tiny benign tumours.

What does this mean for us? Well, it means her epilepsy is caused by T.S. It means we have more tests to do - my guess is that they can make sure there isn't any other benign tumours on other vital organs, and tests to do on the parents too because this is supposedly a genetic thing. Not sure what kind of tests they can do on a pregnant mama though!

Needless to say, I was in tears after the conversation with the Dr. maybe from feeling helpless in the situation, and maybe also knowing it isn't over yet (more tests to do, etc etc). Anyways, it has happened this way. Everyone's trials are different in this world. But all things are ordered by the Lord. "All things work together for good to them that love God..."

On another note, we just finished the last service to the communion season in Tarbert and it was very nice. I was glad Samuel was here to take the kids out during the table address and so forth. All in all a very good time I think for us all.

Must get groceries at some point this week (meaning a trip to Stornoway), and catch up on my mounds of laundry, house cleaning and the usual housewife things. Off to fold some clothes, and get two wee ones off to well needed beds!

No comments: